The Shot That Counts 2018

DirtTime

Last year The_Real_TcIII started this. I want to continue this topic for this year. I asked him if it was OK to make this thread and he was OK with it.

I think even I am guilty of screwing up the last one. So lets get the rules clear this time.

No pics of groups! No pics of that one shot after you just shot 10 arrows.

One arrow, that would be the defining shot just like in a hunting situation.

Have fun, be safe, and shoot straight.

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 1

I will try to take a shot and get it posted from tonight. Give me a few minutes here. Have to get the target out of the shed, and it will be indoors, raining outside here and it's dark, shot will be about 15 yards. I haven't shot my bow since May, so this first shot might be off, and I am going to shoot a BH not a FP. 

Edited by Rob...

Yeah, that didn't go as planned. LOL!

Went out and brought in the target, taking off my my jacket the wife sees the target and puts a halt on the shot.

"I'm going to bed, you aren't shooting tonight! You have all day tomorrow to shoot!".

Seeing I have to shoot down the hall towards the bedroom, I see her point, but, damn, I wanted to put an arrow down range. Maybe tomorrow will be better anyway, can get outside and shoot from 25.

21 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

So I took two shots.....the first one was the best.  Wanted to be sure it was right.  Not too bad.  Could be better.   Will be by season.  20 yards. 

Fish cleaning table in the background to be used sat!   

rps20180809_193258.jpg

Doesn't count, that's two arrows.

:cheese:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I still don't wanna know what are doing when you shoot from your bathroom. Nice shot all the same.

Shooting from an elevated position in a neighborhood isn't easy.........the bathroom window is perfect for it. 

And, the ONLY shot that really matters to me is the first one from an (say it with me now) replicated tree stand.  Shooting from the ground is for Field Archers...... :)

• Like 2

Shooting from an elevated position in a neighborhood isn't easy.........the bathroom window is perfect for it. 
And, the ONLY shot that really matters to me is the first one from an (say it with me now) replicated tree stand.  Shooting from the ground is for Field Archers......

But how do you practice the reverse for uphill shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

And, the ONLY shot that really matters to me is the first one from an (say it with me now) replicated tree stand.  Shooting from the ground is for Field Archers...... :)

So we should all start using elevated toilets to kill deer. Never thought of that. Will be calling my buddies dad tomorrow and asking if I can bolt a toilet to a tree on the only private land I have to hunt. If they get pissed off Larry, I am hunting with you all of the bow season, best make room in your basement for me.

:rofl:

Edited by Rob...

Lets ruffle some feathers... You do not need to practice from an elevated position... IF ... you have a good handle on where the critter's vitals are and the path of the arrows angled shot into that kill zone! Not a big fan of 3-D targets, but a block just doesn't give you this perspective.

Couple other interesting real hunting, 1st shot scenarios: Raise bow and shoot within 4-5sec, shot off to an angle or hold at full draw for some extended time, then shoot. Aren't these the shots that are most often available. Me love them standing, broadside shots, but let's get real.....

Lets ruffle some feathers... You do not need to practice from an elevated position... IF ... you have a good handle on where the critter's vitals are and the path of the arrows angled shot into that kill zone! Not a big fan of 3-D targets, but a block just doesn't give you this perspective.
Couple other interesting real hunting, 1st shot scenarios: Raise bow and shoot within 4-5sec, shot off to an angle or hold at full draw for some extended time, then shoot. Aren't these the shots that are most often available. Me love them standing, broadside shots, but let's get real.....

That’s a good new thread idea, hold for 45 seconds and shoot. Post the result. Maybe 30 seconds as 45 is an eternity. I’d wager everyone’s “he busted me and I was at full draw for two minutes!” Is closer to 30 seconds lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

For that to be realistic, it would have to be video footage. 

Edited by Rob...