The Shot That Counts 2018

DirtTime

Shot BH for first time this year, never ever been an issue, but today 4 plus inches to the left. Went back to my old arrows same thing . Thought I’d have to go to Moog’s, bow tuning shop / archery clinic and weight room .

But I asked the wizard box, and came up with moving rest in a hair . Moved it less then one line and wow I feel better .

the first shot ,ok two are before  ( some even farther out ) and the single a bit high is where they now hit as far as center .

AEABF0E0-00C2-4994-AAAC-14F8EBDD114E.jpeg

73B97513-F863-4FE3-80B1-F18EE40EFD17.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Shot BH for first time this year, never ever been an issue, but today 4 plus inches to the left. Went back to my old arrows same thing . Thought I’d have to go to Moog’s, bow tuning shop / archery clinic and weight room .

But I asked the wizard box, and came up with moving rest in a hair . Moved it less then one line and wow I feel better .

the first shot ,ok two are before  ( some even farther out ) and the single a bit high is where they now hit as far as center .

AEABF0E0-00C2-4994-AAAC-14F8EBDD114E.jpeg

73B97513-F863-4FE3-80B1-F18EE40EFD17.jpeg

Larry

Where are your FPs landing now by comparison to BHs?

27 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Larry

Where are your FPs landing now by comparison to BHs?

I quit while I was ahead !  As long as BH are on that’s all I care about at this point , but for you I’ll go fling a couple before I paint a garage window .

Ok shot two arrows w/fp ,3xs . 4 were center of white dot , 2 were maybe 2 inches to the right . I’m at the limit my shoulder will allow , shot more arrows today then half the summer .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

25 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I quit while I was ahead !  As long as BH are on that’s all I care about at this point , but for you I’ll go fling a couple before I paint a garage window -

Be careful.  Couple days ago I shot a BH and then a FP.  Two great shots, except he FP hit the back of the BH in the target and pushed the BH and insert deeper in the rinehart.  Pulled out an arrow with no head.   Decided to take a loss on the BH rather than cutting open the target.  Shoot one, retrieve, shoot the other IMO.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

Took a break from cleaning the unfinished part of the  ,basement , cleaned appliances, shop vacuumed webs, painted the blocks on one wall .

Shot two BH plain edge Stinger , this was the first at 22 yards. Second  was at 25 and hit center dot at six o’clock . Shoulder felt great, I may even wash my camo now .

3BC75C15-81F1-4987-8CDB-1170C4371041.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

Sunday 40 yards aimed low hit low, brass inserts, deer.  

Today (Wed) 70 yards white goat, slightly left. My perfect flying arrow number 8.  Was kind of happy with this shot.  I don't normally start off this far, 40 and in usually.  If you look on both targets they have a small shot out spot, I try to aim for that.  Sight is back in at this point, broadhead retest next. 

9 23 40low.JPG

9 26 70yards (1).JPG

• Like 5

On 9/22/2018 at 8:24 AM, Otto said:

What is the difference between “The Shot That Counts” and “First Shot of the Day”?

I post in both.

Sorry Otto, just read this.

To answer that, the First Shot Daily Pics was started in 2016 by StoneAM, and was supposed to be about one shot daily, but none of us followed what the thread was supposed to be about. I started it up again for 2017 and figured it would be the same. The Real TC III also started a thread last year about only taking one shot as in a hunting situation, hence the "SHOT" that counts. It went off the rails as well. So I started this thread with the same goal, take one shot like you would hunting.

So, basically, this went off the rails as well. The "FSDP" is more or less now about shooting groups, while this thread was still supposed to be about one and done, 'The Show That Counts".

Some just don't read the manual. LOL!

:rtfm:

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 11:03 PM, NFA-ADK said:

Sunday 40 yards aimed low hit low, brass inserts, deer.  

Today (Wed) 70 yards white goat, slightly left. My perfect flying arrow number 8.  Was kind of happy with this shot.  I don't normally start off this far, 40 and in usually.  If you look on both targets they have a small shot out spot, I try to aim for that.  Sight is back in at this point, broadhead retest next. 

9 23 40low.JPG

9 26 70yards (1).JPG

Man I hate that goat!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I get crushed by the black targets during our league . The one week,every target was a black one ,it made for some really low scores from everybody. 

I had the same issue this year with field shooting, going to try a blue pin it was much clearer in low light for me and did not change as bad with my glasses on and a lens, my glasses have a brown tint when its bright out.  I was told blue is considered an indoor type pin.