Alex jones banned from YouTube and apple

When I last had a TV (about 20 years ago) I refused to watch the show "60 Minutes". I thought it was an incredibly uninformed and biased show. I never came out and said that the show should be shut down. I just didn't watch.

I don't like the fact that no one wears big-boy or big-girl pants any more. Where are the adults?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, philoshop said:

When I last had a TV (about 20 years ago) I refused to watch the show "60 Minutes". I thought it was an incredibly uninformed and biased show. I never came out and said that the show should be shut down. I just didn't watch.

I don't like the fact that no one wears big-boy or big-girl pants any more. Where are the adults?

Exactly if  you don't like  it change the channel.  Like i do when HBO puts on bill Maher .

I dont need Facebook apple  YouTube to babysit me . The arrogance of  some of these people in power is  unreal . 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

Exactly if  you don't like  it change the channel.  Like i do when HBO puts on bill Maher .
I dont need Facebook apple  YouTube to babysit me . The arrogance of  some of these people in power is  unreal . 
I'm gonna attempt one last time to spell this out for you since you clearly aren't getting it. This isn't about changing the channel, this isn't about people who wouldn't be watching the show anyhow complaining, this isn't about people boycotting him. This is about a private establishment regulating what they see fit on their PRIVATELY owned channel. Notice a repetitive word? Private: meaning they dictate what can and can't be a part of their business. How can't you see this? It's not violating his rights because a private business won't let him on their media platform to preach. He can preach/speak all he wants, just not there. That's the right of the business owner to have the authority to run their business as they see fit.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes it's very arrogant for FB and YouTube to run their business how they see fit and in accordance with all applicable laws.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I'm gonna attempt one last time to spell this out for you since you clearly aren't getting it. This isn't about changing the channel, this isn't about people who wouldn't be watching the show anyhow complaining, this isn't about people boycotting him. This is about a private establishment regulating what they see fit on their PRIVATELY owned channel. Notice a repetitive word? Private: meaning they dictate what can and can't be a part of their business. How can't you see this? It's not violating his rights because a private business won't let him on their media platform to preach. He can preach/speak all he wants, just not there. That's the right of the business owner to have the authority to run their business as they see fit.

Not really if i post a video on YouTube for example it belongs to me not YouTube same as if i post a picture on Facebook it still belongs to me.

Jones  does not work for those companies  the business model those companies have relies on the public posting their private s*** on their server for free  i you dont work for youtube just because i post a video on there , same as if you posted a comment on ny hunting forum . You can fire a an employee you can kick someone out of your restaurant if they dont buy something . 

But you cant kick someone off a website that business model is to let the public communicate with each other  unless he threatens someone  on there .  You cant open a business say it is there for free for the  public to communicate with each other then say well this guy is white and right winger and kick him off . Or black and muslim  or kick him off Thats basically what they did  to the guy .

• Haha 1

Not really if i post a video on YouTube for example it belongs to me not YouTube same as if i post a picture on Facebook it still belongs to me.
Jones  does not work for those companies  the business model those companies have relies on the public posting their private s*** on their server for free  i you dont work for youtube just because i post a video on there , same as if you posted a comment on ny hunting forum . You can fire a an employee you can kick someone out of your restaurant if they dont buy something . 
But you cant kick someone off a website that business model is to let the public communicate with each other  unless he threatens someone  on there .  You cant open a business say it is there for free for the  public to communicate with each other then say well this guy is white and right winger and kick him off . Or black and muslim  or kick him off Thats basically what they did  to the guy .
Have you read all the fine print in the YouTube and FB user agreements?

When you sign up for accounts on these platforms you agree to their terms and conditions. They have the right to filter or censor any content they choose, period. You're correct that your video on YouTube is yours, but you're broadcasting it through someone else's company, that company shouldn't get a say in what they can and can't do?? YouTube is coming down hard on gun related videos also, I don't agree with it but it's their company and they make the rules.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoffeeBoy said:

Have you read all the fine print in the YouTube and FB user agreements?

Lol there going to have fun explaining that to jones lawyers going to cost them millions notice Twitter did not ban jones 

Edited by Storm914

13 minutes ago, CoffeeBoy said:

I'm sure those billion dollar companies are very worried about Alex Jones' lawyers.

And the bad press  i remember when aol was king and look what happened to them just give it  time  technology changes 

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, CoffeeBoy said:

Yea look at AOL...they got sold to Verizon a few years ago for a measly 4 billion dollars

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

1 hour ago, CoffeeBoy said:

He is funny. He doesn't want YouTube and FB to tell him what content to consume.....but he wants the government to tell YouTube and FB what content to provide with their private funds.

Thats it in a nutshell. Unfortunately every fact he is presented passes by him about 10 miles over his head.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Storm914 said:

I will leave you this free speech rights are there to protect speech you dont agree with .  Nobody forces you to listen to crazy alexis jones show do they ? 

And you can turn  On cnn and here crazy conspiracy thoeys about trump and Russia on a daily basis .  Now which one is really doing more damage to the country dividing us?  The one that supposed to be serious news or the clown on YouTube  talking about aliens in the government and Obama's wife  being a man :)

WOW! That's all you got?

It's not about free speech, it's about "Hate Speech". I don't care if you lean right, left, or sit in the middle spinning with your thumb up your $$$! Hate speech is hate speech, and should never be tolerated.

If you don't get that, then that's on you. 

8 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Thats it in a nutshell. Unfortunately every fact he is presented passes by him about 10 miles over his head.

I want the free market to decide thats all .

They took him off because a few  Democratic lawmakers wanted it done  . Notice this happened right after there meeting not before because he has been singing the same song for years on there platforms. 

Not because they lost money from his show. 

I understand there private companies.  But discrimination because of ones poltical beliefs or race  or religion is still not right .

I dont buy  it was for any other reason .

Or that  wouldn't of happened after Democrats started talking about him with these companies.  

22 minutes ago, Rob... said:

WOW! That's all you got?

It's not about free speech, it's about "Hate Speech". I don't care if you lean right, left, or sit in the middle spinning with your thumb up your $$$! Hate speech is hate speech, and should never be tolerated.

If you don't get that, then that's on you. 

I think You are confused bro   because you hate my speech does not mean its a hate speech  .

If alex jones says you are Hillary is lizard from mars  disguised as a human to take our rights or away. Thats not hate speech because you  hate that he said that .

Hate speech is when you treaten people with violence harm that is not what he does on his show .

Edited by Storm914

20 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I think You are confused bro   because you hate my speech does not mean its a hate speech  .

If alex jones says you are Hillary is lizard from mars  disguised as a human to take our rights or away. Thats not hate speech because you  hate that he said that .

Hate speech is when you treaten people with violence harm that is not what he does on his show .

Jones has threatened politicians, stated hate speech about killing off certain races, and even tried to say Sandy Hook was not real. If you honestly think this guy is stable, then you should be against any gun laws against the mentally ill getting to buy one legally. Because Jones is about as stable as 30 year old dynamite covered in sweat.

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Jones has threatened politicians, stated hate speech about killing certain off races, and even tried to say sandy Hook was not real. If you honestly think this guy is stable, then you should be against any gun laws against the mentally ill getting to but one legally. Because Jones is about as stable as 30 year old dynamite covered in sweat.

The only one that is true is sandy hook he did report that was a hox and thats his right to say it even if its bs but i never heard him threaten even a fly .

Besides that was years ago he wasn't banned then but only now its a excuse all bs because the guy was getting to big  a audience and   telling people to vote  for Republicans .

Its that simple and everyone knows it.  that can think for themselves that is .

You not going to here that from cnn thats for sure .

Edited by Storm914