Lighted nocks. Who uses them ?

turkeyfeathers

i use them and love em.  Started using them 2 years ago. Def a huge help to know where arrow went and to get a better idea on where your shot placement was.  I use the nocturnals and have had good luck with them.  Def easier to find the arrow on an evening hunt and a track in the dark.  $20 for a 3 pack at walmart and sometime can catch them on sale - i havent noticed any change in my shot with them than regular nocks

• Like 1

I've never used them, but might give them a try. My buddy started using them last year, and loves them. Saw right where he hit the deer, and had no problem finding his arrow, after the shot. I know when we practiced together, they looked pretty bright in flight. He also said, he made just a minimum bow adjustment to get them to fly  like the other normal nocked arrows.

A buddy and I split a three pack.  We each have an arrow with the lighted nocks and the first guy that shoots a deer gets the third.   Lol.   We did this for the first year we used them to try them out.  We both loved them so got some more each.  So now I shoot the green and he shoots the red so that if we are out hunting together we don't get them confused. Lol.  And if we both get a deer it will be like Christmas lights in the woods. Lol.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I use Nocturnals,  have for years and will always use them in the field. There is never a question of where that arrow hit with them. I have never noticed one bit of difference in flight or point of impact with or without the nock installed and they have always worked without fail. I do buy new ones each year and use the previous seasons nocks when practicing, so I always have fresh, new-for-the-season nocks on the arrows when actually hunting.

I use them. I have the "original" tracers still. From back when they were actually good. newer ones are junk. They have been through many animals and still hold up. On back u ,since new Tracers suck, are the Nocturnals. Use them on my rig and my wifes. Figured it would help her see her arrow better while in treestand.. she still cant see where it goes after a shot opportunity in the woods lol. Must get to excited. She told me one of her misses last year went under the deer, luckily it was on video from a trail camera i had up... The arrow went over the deer lol.

Heard Firenocks were worth it. 

I used to say they cost too much to purchase as well, but if you think about it.. If your using just a standard(not as expensive) carbon shaft, plus a $10+-(on average) broadhead, thats a 20 dollar meat missle alone, so what is another 5 or 10 dollars at that point? That should be reusable, provided your shot placement is well..  A pack of smokes, 6 pack of suds.. a Double Whopper lol or what have ya..  Money well invested IMO if it helps us see where we hit our target better..

Which could make or break a track job!

• Like 5

That's what I use. Love them but POI will differ from standard nocks

Only minimally. I tend to use one or two when I practice in my yard and use them as the last arrow to prevent Robin hooding one of those sticks of gold. The difference I have found at 40-50 yards is minimal at worst and at those ranges most likely due to me being tired and just archer error. Maybe a 1 inch difference if that. That said you should always practice a lot prior to using them in the field just incase there is any differences. We at least owe that to our quarry

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

I use green nocturnal, however the creator of the nocturnal broke off from feradyne outdoors and inproved thendesign and sells them as glory nocks now. Simple use the old ones at practice. No noticible difference for me out to 50 yards but I use heavier inserts to offset the weight.

• Like 1

I've tried a bunch over the years and the quality vs price was not there.

When Gander closed they had Ignitor nocks for like 99 cents. I bought a few to try and they outperformed anything I had tried. Of course Gander was closed so I Ebay'd and found some dude who had a ton he got from Gander and bought like 20 more for 2$ a piece.

I love being able to follow better where the shot hits, find pass throughs and I have noticed no difference in the accuracy.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

I use green nocturnal, however the creator of the nocturnal broke off from feradyne outdoors and inproved thendesign and sells them as glory nocks now. Simple use the old ones at practice. No noticible difference for me out to 50 yards but I use heavier inserts to offset the weight.

Thanks for the info! I've used them all and nocturnals work best for me, the simple switch on these is even better. Ordering 6 today.

• Like 1

I've used lighted nocks for years only on my hunting arrows. I have weighted nocks on my practice arrows. Heck I  even bought a set for a friend because I got tired of tracking deer for him and he didn't know where he actually hit the deer!

I do know that you will need to check your front of center on your arrows to get good flight.

I have used a few different ones over the years. The ones you can find on amazon seem to work just as well as the expensive ones. I currently have blue ones. Makes seeing where the arrow hit as well as finding the arrow a bit easier. 

I go back and forth for what ever reason you have to buy a bunch to get 3 to paper tune so I don’t use them now but every time a new brand comes out I try them.

I think the last time i used them I had 150$ in nocks to finally get 3 that would shoot the same through paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk