Lighted nocks. Who uses them ?

turkeyfeathers

10 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I go back and forth for what ever reason you have to buy a bunch to get 3 to paper tune so I don’t use them now but every time a new brand comes out I try them.

I think the last time i used them I had 150$ in nocks to finally get 3 that would shoot the same through paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you square the end of your arrows?

16 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I go back and forth for what ever reason you have to buy a bunch to get 3 to paper tune so I don’t use them now but every time a new brand comes out I try them.

I think the last time i used them I had 150$ in nocks to finally get 3 that would shoot the same through paper.

You pappertune with every single arrow? Jeez I’ve never done that and they fly like bullets out to 50-60 yards.

• Like 2

I use them what I like about them it makes it easier to see where you hit, Also to find your arrow after the shot. They do add weight to the back end so you have to tune for that. here is another thing you can use lighted nocks for keep an arrow with a field point and a lighted nock for following a blood trail. put the arrow in a blood spot turn it it then go to the next spot.

I made the decision to go back to my old bow which uses lighted nocks . I switched them out for a standard nock before league on Wednesday, it's amazing how well people shoot when they have a red dot to aim at . I'm gonna do some testing at the academy Tuesday and see if the two nocks have any impact on shot placement.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I made the decision to go back to my old bow which uses lighted nocks . I switched them out for a standard nock before league on Wednesday, it's amazing how well people shoot when they have a red dot to aim at . I'm gonna do some testing at the academy Tuesday and see if the two nocks have any impact on shot placement.

Would be funny if you hit your own lighted nock :)

• Haha 1

I use them on my vertical bow and crossbow. I have had no real issues with them. I love them because I can get a better idea of where I hit my target and they make arrows easier to find after a pass through or miss. I even know guy that have found their deer easier because of them. I use Nockturnals.

• Like 1

I used them in the past, have not recently. I was told that I was not “following through” with my shot when shooting them since I wanted to follow the shiny light. I am quite simple minded it seems- like scar chasing a laser pointer I guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2018 at 7:03 AM, Jeremy K said:

If you have a good FOC and spine is right, ive found no difference but only test them to 40 yards. 

Edited by Hock3y24