Climate change real or scam Or a little of both?

33 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

USA landing on the moon is the biggest scam :rolleyes:  Papist told me so ^_^

There are some.  To make money they will exaggerate the problem. 

They willl Make you think its going to happen soon when change takes a long long time 100s of years   in the 70 i remember them saying nyc would be destroyed by now from climate change lol 

But humans do impact the weather  you can see  this for yourself,  all you need to do is   stand in a parking lot on a sunny day  and the temperature will be warmer then the surrounding lawn or woods. (Human impacted climate change )

but are you really going to change it long term ? Nature is going to do what nature wants in the end . Plenty of other environmental things to worry about besides the weather like less free  lands where wild aninals can live on . Not to mention good luck trying to stop countrys like China  from doing anything they want .

Edited by Storm914

This thread is going to turn into a shit show. Of course its real! Majority of the people that dispute it know none of the facts and those that know one or two things like to use one thing that we can't fully explain as red herring. It can be exaggerated on both sides, but its happening for sure.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

This thread is going to turn into a shit show. Of course its real! Majority of the people that dispute it know none of the facts and those that know one or two things like to use one thing that we can't fully explain as red herring. It can be exaggerated on both sides, but its happening for sure.

What i dont like is some make it into a a black and white issue either you believe all of it  and they know how to fix it and you shut up  .

And if you dont agree with 100% 

With there agenda you are punished for it .

Just because we no something is happening. 

Does not mean  governments  can fix it USA could  stop  co2  production all together and if china and all the rest cheet or dont do the same it will not make a difference.  And if you look at the history of all these countrys in the UN there is no way you are going to get them to honor that type of agreement.  

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

What i dont like is some make it into a a black and white issue either you believe all of it  and they know how to fix it and you shut up  .

And if you dont agree with 100% 

With there agenda you are punished for it .

Just because we no something is happening. 

Does not mean  governments  can fix it usa could  stop  co2  production all together and if china and all the rest cheet or dont do the same it will not make a difference.  And if you look at the history of all these countrys in the UN there is no way you are going to get them to honor that type of agreement.  

Generally whats being said isnt false. Media has a way of exaggerating things, but honestly its not much. There are a lot of moving parts in global warming, but trying to limit co2 emmesions can only help. It is hard since other countries don't care like India and China, so they will have to be dealt with eventually. 

19 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Generally whats being said isnt false. Media has a way of exaggerating things, but honestly its not much. There are a lot of moving parts in global warming, but trying to limit co2 emmesions can only help. It is hard since other countries don't care like India and China, so they will have to be dealt with eventually. 

And all of south America and africa they could care less actually was not a big problem when it was only usa and Europe having industrialization  .

Now with the rest of the world billions wanting cars and such it becomes are real problem. Now go try and tell then sorry you have to go back to huts and no electricity or bicycles to get around to save the planet they will give you the finger :) what they should do is figure a way to suck that crap right of of there air it would  probably have a better chance of working .

Edited by Storm914

8 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

And all of south America and africa they could care less actually was not a big problem when it was only usa and Europe having industrialization  .

Now with the rest of the world billions wanting cars and such it becomes are real problem. Now go try and tell then sorry you have to go back to huts and no electricity or bicycles to get around to save the planet they will give you the finger :)

We'll if you look at their emmissions, its really not anything to worry about in the moment. But yes you cannot deny them those things. I do believe we have to look into greener technologies like solar and wind. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Nuke 'em….

• Haha 1

The earth is estimated to be 4.5 billion years old.  We have been accurately tracking weather for just over 100 years.  And we think we have any idea of weather patterns in the blink of an eye.  

People tend to think they are more important in the big picture than they really are.  We once thought (and not that long ago in the big picture) that the earth was flat and the center of the universe. 

I think the jury is still out on this one. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The earth is estimated to be 4.5 billion years old.  We have been accurately tracking weather for just over 100 years.  And we think we have any idea of weather patterns in the blink of an eye.  

People tend to think they are more important in the big picture than they really are.  We once thought (and not that long ago in the big picture) that the earth was flat and the center of the universe. 

I think the jury is still out on this one. 

I noticed when you get record warm temperatures someplace the media always hypes it up but when you get record lows  you here  nothing from them .

But im pretty sure just all the concrete jungles and deforesting going on  around the world is definitely going to warm up the earth besides co2  is it  enough to create a problem in ones life time ? Or life times ? Who knows .  Wouldn't it be better if they put  most that money into habitat protection  , I think so .  

Edited by Storm914

co2 is not the driving force on climate change but is bill as. such because there is money to be made in " green energy" the main cause is the plastic in the oceans acting as a giant solar cover. this stregnthens the currents  so warmer water reacher further to the poles . air currents known as the jetstream follow these ocean currents so the weather patterns change as well bigger dips and swells in it effect our weather . extra warm.water makes hurricanes stronger..funny how that happens right above the atlantic gyre and its plastic garbage patch solar cover.. air cools quickly but water doesnt.. unfortunatley there is no money in cleaning up plastic trash to be made so its ignored. 

this is easily.proven when looking at historic temps which didnt jump til after ww2.. and the invention of plastic. if co2 was the big factor there would of been a huge spike during the 1800s and the industrial revolution when every forest was cut and burned for fuel and coal was king with no pollution control.. funny the temperature jump you shpuld see with all the co2 emissions from burning is absent..

There has been global warming and global cooling for as long as the Earth has been around.  What's the big deal if it is getting warmer now ?  The folks who are blaming it on man sound kind of silly to me.   God has always and will always be the one at the controls.   

At some time in the past, it must have been a lot warmer.  Fossil records indicate that the shore of lake Ontario was all the way up to the Onondaga escarpment.   There must have been a lot less ice at the poles back then, for the lake level to be up that high.   

I think it is kind of cool that I no longer need 4wd to get back and forth to work thru the snow, and I don't use as much firewood as I use to.   It also seems like it is good for upstate NY real estate value.   

6 hours ago, wolc123 said:

There has been global warming and global cooling for as long as the Earth has been around.  What's the big deal if it is getting warmer now ?  The folks who are blaming it on man sound kind of silly to me.   God has always and will always be the one at the controls.   

At some time in the past, it must have been a lot warmer.  Fossil records indicate that the shore of lake Ontario was all the way up to the Onondaga escarpment.   There must have been a lot less ice at the poles back then, for the lake level to be up that high.   

I think it is kind of cool that I no longer need 4wd to get back and forth to work thru the snow, and I don't use as much firewood as I use to.   It also seems like it is good for upstate NY real estate value.   

Yea it is  kind of  funny that the people worrying the most  about global warming are coming from the colder parts of the world .

Since when is a little warmer bad for life on this planet.  Most people are moving down south for the weather  these days .

When you Think about it most  life on earth lives in the warmer climates the farther you go north the less  animal and plant species you will find . The poles are almost  lifeless.  If the ocean rises well this will take time people will adapt move or build to deal with that , Like humans have been doing for thousands of years  nothing last for ever .