Climate change real or scam Or a little of both?

27 minutes ago, wildcat junkie said:

Natural cycles of warming/cooling take 10s of thousands of years unless influenced by out of the ordinary occurrences like large volcanic eruptions that spew enough ash/gas unto the atmosphere to cause significant cooling/warming. This is the 1st time human activity is being linked to RAPID climate change..

v6weslZ.jpg

Given your comments about 10's of thousands of years to hit these cycles, what accounts for the higher temps during the Medieval and Minoan periods when they had PPM of CO2  at 287 and 275 respectfully.  We are around 390 now?  Shouldn't our temps be higher than those 2 periods? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Given your comments about 10's of thousands of years to hit these cycles, what accounts for the higher temps during the Medieval and Minoan periods when they had PPM of CO2  at 287 and 275 respectfully.  We are around 390 now?  Shouldn't our temps be higher than those 2 periods? 

co2 is not the only thing that effects weather so just because it can make the earth warmer other variables can just as easily make it cooler such as variations in the Earth's orbit, changes in the solar output, and volcanism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

There actors not known for having the highest of IQ s 

He probably put his finger in the wind and picked this cause because it seemed popular .

Well that's very mature of you.  What are you going to go with next?  Momma jokes?

50 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Well that's very mature of you.  What are you going to go with next?  Momma jokes?

What joke ? DiCaprio  dropped out of high school following his third year, eventually earning his general equivalency diploma (GED). 

and im supposed to listen about climate change from that guy lol at least know  about the people you talk about  dont you think before you make these accusations about things . 

O btw he is not the only one that is a drop out  in Hollywood. 

Robert De Niro

Whoopi Goldberg

Other  political big mouths  also who are  high school drop outs 

What a surprise  .   I could go on but you get my point .

It's not a joke  I'm making here just telling you the facts .  We glorified these actors way to much in this country give them almost god like status.   

l

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Since ACCURATE temperature records have only existed since 1880, ne must wonder where are you getting this information.

Leonardo was a child actor.  He was most likely a millionaire before he could even legally drive.  He had no need for school.  I am not proclaiming him to be a genius but by him deciding not to finish school but instead to focus on his career doesn't give me enough facts to say for certain that he is "dumb".  Basically you're judging him by his cover.  Also the argument that most actors are dumb is a generalization in itself.  Denzel Washington graduated from Fordham University while Mira Sorvino and Natalie Portman are both Harvard grads.

But lets go back to the chain of the conversation.  Someone said Leonardo is on the climate change bandwagon so he can earn a fancy plane.  I responded with a "no he didn't, he actually donated money" to which you responded..."oh yeah...he's dumb anyway."  That's a red herring argument.  What does his intelligence even matter when my statement was on whether he is for or against climate change for profit.

Heck, I myself haven't even stated whether I believe in climate change or not.  (Which by the way, I do believe in climate change but I also think it's being overly used to blame some things that are not a result of climate change.)

Another.."by the way".  Natalie Portman, who having graduated from Harvard, is a climate change believer.

13 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

Where did you get your degree in climate science that makes you smarter than 97% of the OTHER climate scientists?

The 97% claim is a myth and has been proven to be so.  Science is not consensus.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/fact-checking-the-97-consensus-on-anthropogenic-climate-change/

• Like 2

This is actually a pretty good read. It doesn't appear to be written with any "climate change" spin but talks about some pretty significant temperature variations during civilization's development and expanse. 

http://www.dandebat.dk/eng-klima7.htm

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

32 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

This is actually a pretty good read. It doesn't appear to be written with any "climate change" spin but talks about some pretty significant temperature variations during civilization's development and expanse. 

http://www.dandebat.dk/eng-klima7.htm

It appears that someone must have used a "Time Machine" to gather much of this information . 

7 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

It appears that someone must have used a "Time Machine" to gather much of this information . 

I guess in a manner of speaking when they look back in time in sediment records, ice cores, fossilized remains and utilize them as the basis. Plant records of species that appear in sediment of an area and the temps that those plants grow in today would be a pretty strong indicator. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Look into it and see what you find

So in medieval times we had accurate temperature records for Africa, Australia, all of the various islands in the oceans  as well as North and South America?

Please post a link where I can find that data.

14 minutes ago, wildcat junkie said:

So in medieval times we had accurate temperature records for Africa, Australia, all of the various islands in the oceans  as well as North and South America?

The Murray River delta studies/cores/samples in Australia are pretty interesting reading 

10 hours ago, Rattler said:

The 97% claim is a myth and has been proven to be so.  Science is not consensus.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/fact-checking-the-97-consensus-on-anthropogenic-climate-change/

According to your own post, the lowest consensus of publishing scientists is 84% and many are very near or at 97%.

4 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

Climate change isn't about it being hot today and cold tomorrow.  It is the temperature of the entire planet averaged out over a prolong period of time.  If it's on average 2 degree warmer in Africa the last couple of years, generally, it's 2 degrees warmer every where else during the same period of time.  Yes, ice cores won't tell you how hot it was in Africa on January 7th, 1157 but it'll tell you on average the temperature of the world as a whole was in around 1157

https://www.americangeosciences.org/education/k5geosource/content/climate/how-do-scientists-use-ice-cores-to-determine-past-climates

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-are-past-temperatures/

8 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

According to your own post, the lowest consensus of publishing scientists is 84% and many are very near or at 97%.

If you read the article, you will see the numbers only refer to papers written by scientists that have stated climate change is occurring.  It doesn't mean they believe it is a man made occurrence.  Most of the papers, in fact, do not say that.

• Like 1

Diving robots find Antarctic winter seas exhale surprising amounts of carbon dioxide

Researchers describe this as ‘a major challenge to our current understanding’. The global carbon cycle model may have to be revisited.

https://tallbloke.wordpress.com/2018/08/15/diving-robots-find-antarctic-winter-seas-exhale-surprising-amounts-of-carbon-dioxide/

Edited by Papist

54 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

So what does it say when science has concluded that there were periods of higher temps in the recent past with lower CO2 levels? And during a period that didn't have Human carbon footprint?

That's not science, that is pure hate facts that upsets the narrative and takes away a focus of rage (one of many) for the perceptually upset and angst ridden

• Like 1

Alabama’s State Climatologist John Christy Debunks This Month’s Climate Hysterics

There is one particular word that Dr. John Christy turns to frequently for describing climate science: murky.

It’s a point of view foundational to his own research, and a message underpinning each of his twenty appearances before various congressional committees.

“It’s encouraging because they wouldn’t invite you back unless your message was compelling and not only compelling but accurate,” Christy, Alabama’s state climatologist, told Yellowhammer News in an interview.

Christy, whose day job involves doing research and teaching as the Distinguished Professor of Atmospheric Science at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH), has gained notoriety over the years for dissenting from mainstream climate scientists and policymakers who argue that climate change is anthropogenic, or man-made, and that something must be done to stop it.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/john-christy-debunks-latest-climate-claims/

• Like 1