So, Where is the 25% Tariff on Chinese Optics?

3 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Technically speaking if Leupold and Vortex have the same warranty then it would be true that nobody has a better one as the best they could ever do would be tie

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

Leupold has a "no questions asked" warranty.

In typical form you want to twist words when the black and white in front of your face makes you out to be some sort of dullard that can't understand a simple statement.

"Nobody has a better warranty." How is that BS?

The BS isn’t the actual statement, it’s the undertone. Anyone who has read your comments on Vortex will know exactly what I mean.

10 hours ago, Rattler said:

I was not aware they would cover intentional abuse.  Seems prudent such abuse would best be excluded.

Vortex does not cover intentional abuse. I would doubt that any optics manufacturer would.

A snip from the Vortex warranty page.

Note
The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

Edited by wildcat junkie

On 8/15/2018 at 10:31 AM, The Jerkman said:

Vortex...you can literally run it over with a truck, then shoot it with a gun, and then throw it in the bonfire and then send it back and get a free replacement

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

Seems that you are mistaken about the extent if Vortex's warranty.

Note
The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

Edited by wildcat junkie

56 minutes ago, wildcat junkie said:

Seems that you are mistaken about the extent if Vortex's warranty.

Note

Deliberate damage means you tried to or actually did, take it apart. I know of guys that have dropped them, sent them back and gotten a brand new scope in return. They didnt even buy the scope new, and Vortex still replaced it.

Guess what though, Leoupold's warranty doesnt cover accidental damage, so your statement is pure BS.

Heres a screen shot from their site, notice the Warranty Exclusions part. I also included a link so you cant accuse me of altering anything.

https://www.leupold.com/leupold-dna/lifetime-guarantee

Capture.JPG

56 minutes ago, wildcat junkie said:

Vortex does not cover intentional abuse. I would doubt that any optics manufacturer would.

Note

I will tell you that my best friend had a Vortex for 2 weeks. dropped the gun and broke the crosshairs and dented the tube. They sent the replacement with just a picture even before they received his back. So what is written and how they apply it can be very different. I had a Leupold that had to go in and that didn't happen. They did take care of it but it was done once they got mine. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 6:58 PM, Rattler said:

I have nothing but Leupold scopes on my rifles.  I'm just very happy with them.

There is no hypocrisy involved if you understand what is going on here.

This whole thing is about getting other countries to stop putting tariffs on American made products.  Trump wants to level the playing field for American companies so they can export more of their goods overseas.  Other countries add tariffs to American goods, to keep their citizens from buying them and that's OK.  But if the US does the same thing, that's bad?  The US media just loves to make leftists feel Trump is doing everything wrong.

The solution to this tariff problem, which Trump is trying to impose, is the elimination of all tariffs in every country.  The US has been getting screwed by foreign tariffs ever since it agreed to accept them after WWII, so other countries could get back on their feet.  It's past time to end that policy.  Trump gave these other countries the chance to eliminate tariffs on US goods they import.  They refused.  So he carried out his ultimatum.  Trump knows the US has the advantage here, as we have the most resources.  In very little time you will see the elimination of tariffs on American goods by countries that don't want a US tariffs on their goods.

It's a chess game and Trump knows better than any other world leader how to play it, because he takes the politics out of the game and plays for business.  And if you've ever watched a chess match, you see very slow, methodical moves, that take time to implement, and are done with thoughts about 4 or 5 moves down the road.

Have patience folks.  Support Trump's moves now and you will soon see the benefits.

tbg00n7.jpg

When you deal as much as Trump does, you are going to have a few losers.  Your meme neglects to mention all the winners he's had.  You don't get to be a billionaire without success.

Here's a good read for those who don't understand what Trump is doing with tariffs here.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/08/why_is_trump_fighting_the_trade_war.html