JRE podcast, informative, very interesting. Talks in depth about CWD

buffalojay83

13 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Never heard of Joe Rogan.  Turns out he's a comedian., mixed martial arts fanatic, and psychedelic adventurer hosting a talk show. Not sure I could take him serious.

I listen every day , you have the wrong impression, judging by your comment. He gets some really intelligent guests on and holds a great conversation with all of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

He might be worth listening to. I've just never heard of him. 

It all depends on the guest and what you're into . He does have shows about MMA, he does have comedians on as well . Each show has a description about the guest so you can pick and choose your episode.

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

He was the fear factor host

In 2003, Kimmel and Carolla left The Man Show, with the hosting jobs passed down to comedians Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope. With the hosting change came a recomposition of the show's theme song. The new pair hosted the show for two more seasons before it ceased production in 2004.

I had to google it

2 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

In 2003, Kimmel and Carolla left The Man Show, with the hosting jobs passed down to comedians Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope. With the hosting change came a recomposition of the show's theme song. The new pair hosted the show for two more seasons before it ceased production in 2004.

I had to google it

Never knew that ,never watched the man show very much. I remember the early days with that old dude that pounded the huge mugs of beer and girls on trampolines.

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

at the same time Ted Nugent, Dr James Kroll, and Jay Gregory are saying CWD is a basically a hoax.  i respect their opinion but don't agree with it. maybe years down the road things will get worse somehow and they'll wish they gave a damn.

LOL....How many freaking years do you need?  Another 60???   Sounds like you are one of those guys that drank the Kool Aid and does not believe in science and facts. Put the link up and let people on here listen to it and then if you have the scientific researched facts to prve them wrong then put it up.

CWD has always been and always will be just a political money grab and as you see now that the money these guys are saying they need for research is being denied and its going away. Wisconsin has more CWD then any state and cant control their deer population...And that after killing like 27,000 deer in one core area.... Yeah its a beast that CWD stuff that is no more than Scrapies in sheep and not a thing is done by any state or country to stop the grocery store shelves from being packed with that meat.

Just to show how much they dont care...Listen at the 15 minute mark and the 29 minute and listen to this guy say that Scrapies is the same exact prion and CWD, Just one in deer and one in sheep and he has no concern of Scrapies ever entering a person.. he even says there are 30 different strains of scrapies found and only 2 strains of CWD found.   Just listen to this guys words and you will hear him saying that CWD has never done any harm to anyone or anything yet they keep begging for money for research.

Maybe if they keep spending enough cash looking for a ghost they may find a ghost.  In the mean time the normal people...Us Hunters..That kill and eat these animals for the last 5o years never detect a thing...  Great way to scare hunting right out of the world we know..Dont worry about age being the demise of hunting....Just listen to these fools.

12 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Just to show how much they dont care...Listen at the 15 minute mark and the 29 minute and listen to this guy say that Scrapies is the same exact prion and CWD, Just one in deer and one in sheep and he has no concern of Scrapies ever entering a person.. he even says there are 30 different strains of scrapies found and only 2 strains of CWD found.   Just listen to this guys words and you will hear him saying that CWD has never done any harm to anyone or anything yet they keep begging for money for research.

Maybe if they keep spending enough cash looking for a ghost they may find a ghost.  In the mean time the normal people...Us Hunters..That kill and eat these animals for the last 5o years never detect a thing...  Great way to scare hunting right out of the world we know..Dont worry about age being the demise of hunting....Just listen to these fools.

Jeez, I never would have guessed your stance on the subject.

• Haha 1

Jeez, I never would have guessed your stance on the subject.

Yeah I have always been one to live by the facts. And every fact on this subject has always been the same. One can believe what they like. Hell this guy here has gas CWD on his Wisconsin farm for years yet he still hunts? For what? Trophy hunter? Shoot and bury. Every hunter that believes should just sell their weapons and buy some clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have always been one to live by the facts. And every fact on this subject has always been the same. One can believe what they like. Hell this guy here has gas CWD on his Wisconsin farm for years yet he still hunts? For what? Trophy hunter? Shoot and bury. Every hunter that believes should just sell their weapons and buy some clubs.

Are you against trophy hunting now? What do you care if he hunts his farm? You need your blood pressure checked. So now our hunting worthiness is based on whether we believe in CWD? How about this... If you believe that raising deer in a pen and then hunting them is in fact hunting then you should sell your hunting items and start crocheting... See, it works both ways. Carry on....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

LOL....How many freaking years do you need?  Another 60???   Sounds like you are one of those guys that drank the Kool Aid and does not believe in science and facts. Put the link up and let people on here listen to it and then if you have the scientific researched facts to prve them wrong then put it up.

CWD has always been and always will be just a political money grab and as you see now that the money these guys are saying they need for research is being denied and its going away. Wisconsin has more CWD then any state and cant control their deer population...And that after killing like 27,000 deer in one core area.... Yeah its a beast that CWD stuff that is no more than Scrapies in sheep and not a thing is done by any state or country to stop the grocery store shelves from being packed with that meat.

we already went down that road a long time ago. as i do recall neither one of us changed our minds and it took me pages just to get you to admit simple facts that you danced around. one being your pets inside the fence aren't guaranteed to be CWD free with no worries about shipping them because you'd only know if they were all tested and that means they'd all be dead.

i don't think the sky is going to fall when it comes to CWD but i'm not going to pretend it's nothing more than a "money grab" either.

Edited by dbHunterNY
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Did you catch the part about mature bucks being the biggest carriers of CWD ? That could really hurt the trophy and jizz farms the wrong people in government get on board.

Did you catch the part about mature bucks being the biggest carriers of CWD ? That could really hurt the trophy and jizz farms the wrong people in government get on board.

Lol. Clueless post. You see farms are 100% tested and controlled so they will never be touched. Also when you look at the number of states with the ghost in the wild compared to how many states have in behind wire you would see the states with wild triple the fence cases. If anything, the states would come crying to the farmer for animals to rebuild the states deer herd after theirs all died off. Of course that will never be an issue because the ghost is doing no harm in any states on either side of the wire.

we already went down that road a long time ago. as i do recall neither one of us changed our minds and it took me pages just to get you to admit simple facts that you danced around. one being your pets inside the fence aren't guaranteed to be CWD free with no worries about shipping them because you'd only know if they were all tested and that means they'd all be dead.

i don't think the sky is going to fall when it comes to CWD but i'm not going to pretend it's nothing more than a "money grab" either.

I don't care if you ever change your mind about anything. It's just all the facts and science that shows you are not very bright believing things that have been proven not to be. It's always ones own choice to be the one to look the fool. If that is your choice then have at it. I will stick to believe what has been proven to me. Thanks

Are you against trophy hunting now? What do you care if he hunts his farm? You need your blood pressure checked. So now our hunting worthiness is based on whether we believe in CWD? How about this... If you believe that raising deer in a pen and then hunting them is in fact hunting then you should sell your hunting items and start crocheting... See, it works both ways. Carry on....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Why would one be against trophy hunting? CWD has been found in 6 month old fawns. That fella there complains about CWD yet it does not change a thing in his hunting life. That tells the true story. Hunting is on the eye of the beholder. Is baiting bears hunting. Not really. Shooting an animal a dog chases up a tree hunting? Not really. Shooting a deer with a high powered rifle 600 yards out in a field? Not real tough there. Many would call that hunting while many others would say that's far from fair chase.

13 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Lol. Clueless post. You see farms are 100% tested and controlled so they will never be touched. Also when you look at the number of states with the ghost in the wild compared to how many states have in behind wire you would see the states with wild triple the fence cases. If anything, the states would come crying to the farmer for animals to rebuild the states deer herd after theirs all died off. Of course that will never be an issue because the ghost is doing no harm in any states on either side of the wire.

Wow ,another shocking statement . You know everything about a subject that even scientists are still studying .

Wow ,another shocking statement . You know everything about a subject that even scientists are still studying .

I can tell ya I know more about the subject then anyone on this site ever will and the scientist have already proven many of the statements made above to be false. Kinda like all deer CWD positive are carriers. Look at the science and you will see that a true positive has to be both node and brain positive to in fact be a carrier. They reference a farm in Iowa at 80% positive when in fact it was only 80% that were node positive and dig a little deeper and you will see where the state of Iowa had to pay that farm 3.2 million after they lost that case in court. Need More?