Wife and I are so close to being empty nesters we can taste it

rob-c

Starting to move the youngest out tonight. He works nights and his next day off is Friday,  so moving the big stuff tonight and finishing up Friday after wife and I get out of work. Then it’s party time :party:. We love my boys but we have raised them right and it’s time for our youngest to be his own man.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

My kids are already threatening to buy our neighbors house so they never really leave.  Lol. Exciting time for him but I am sure you will miss him, annoying habits and all. 

The worst is you get the kids broke in so they actually pick up after themselves, then off to collage and bam right back to leaving everything laying around. Since he’s been home our grocery bill has doubled. He is a good kid no doubt but dang kids are expensive... 

23 minutes ago, rob-c said:

The worst is you get the kids broke in so they actually pick up after themselves, then off to collage and bam right back to leaving everything laying around. Since he’s been home our grocery bill has doubled. He is a good kid no doubt but dang kids are expensive... 

Guess we haven’t broken them in yet.   

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Better get a dog.   Lol

Congrats on raising em.  

Our dog ties us down more then the kids did . 

Our kids have been out largely since they started college , now they have good jobs and so forth . But we’re still dealing with their issues that come up .Wife would move to Tenn. tomorrow, but I just can’t move that far away from them .

It is bitter sweet for sure , they need to buy houses and have kids, so I got stuff to fill my time .

17 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Better get a dog.   Lol

Congrats on raising em.  

No dog yet, we had a great golden  retriever but he passed. Wife and I are going to travel a bunch now , then later on we will get a pooch.

51 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Some can't wait for their kids to move out, but I'm not one of them.  My kids are still too young to be moving out, but it will be one SAD day for me when that day comes. 

Believe you me he wants to get out on his own just as bad, we have not forced this on him. He’s actually done the apartment hunting all by himself. I will say there’s a certain amount of gratification when you raised your kids right and they become self sufficient and become a contributing part of society.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steve863 said:

Some can't wait for their kids to move out, but I'm not one of them.  My kids are still too young to be moving out, but it will be one SAD day for me when that day comes. 

Same feeling here, 2 boys 21 & 25. They really are no trouble, help with chores, bills, no crazy behavior or partying. As long as they stay that way, they can stay as long as they want. But I'm sure they will move on eventually.

• Like 1

Dropping our youngest off to college on Friday, so we'll be joining the "Empty Nesters Club". Not gonna lie, I'm kinda looking forward to it! :yahoo:  :dancing:  Get some alone time with momma, whenever the mood strikes, and not have to keep our ears open for someone unexpectedly coming home (and scarring them for life). :spiteful:  I'm ready to start this next chapter of my life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep you get spoiled when the kid is gone, then they come home on breaks and your back to being June and Ward cleaver. We just did 4 years of the college thing, so this time is permanent.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1