Dmp does make a difference when you get your license?

Hunter007

I've done it both ways, and have been granted and denied, hard to get 4-H DMPs. We need preference points here, so not sure if it is random or not. But, from what I understand, it is a computer based random selection. If, at the end of the deadline, there are still DMPs in the system they are again, randomly selected and mailed out to those who were denied for that unit. I have gotten these, a few times over the years, after initially being denied. Most times not though.

They compare the amount they want to issue with previous years' applications and that sets the odds for the draw. Say they determine they will issue 2 for every 3 that apply. That holds for the entire lottery period. Once the license period if over they look at the results. If they didn't give out as many as they wanted then they take the ones that didn't get them and do a random draw for the permits that are left. That is whey you could get denied and all of a sudden you get one in the mail later. It has happened to me twice in 7R before it was High/High. 

• Like 2