Hunting giraffes why not ?

Hunter007

Hunters vs hunters is the worst thing for the sport of hunting. Would I shoot a giraffe nope. BUT taken legally  then have at it. There’s a lot of animals I do not  have any interest in hunting , there’s lots of different ways of hunting that I  wouldn’t do . But in the end if it’s legal then no one should have a problem with it .. 

• Like 5

Giraffe in Africa often become nuisance animals that need to be culled.  The meat isn't wasted, in fact it's relished by the natives who get it.  Nothing wrong with shooting one at all.  Too many judgmental people who have no clue what they are talking about.

• Like 7

The Bambi and Thumper syndrome is NOT a true reality in nature. 

There are certain things I prefer not to hunt. But if it is done legally and ethically, I don't have a problem with it, when another hunter makes the kill.  At times, hunters contribute much more to the conservation effort by squeezing the trigger. The loss of habitat is much more lethal than the hunters bullet. To keep the population in check, with the available resources, the hunter is invaluable.

• Like 1

I too am in the "if it's legal, why not" group.  But just to play devil's advocate, on one end the legality of something is almost always determine by politicians with little concern of the subjects that the law applies to.  We also know that politicians can be bought.  On the other end, I also believe in the laws of economics and free trade.  Once monetary value is placed on an animal, greed and supply and demand will take over and assure that there will be ample supply to maintain the industry.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this.  It reminds me that I have to make a whitetail deer neck roast or two this season.  I have been wanting to do one for a few years now, after reading on this site how good they are.  I always forget about it early in the season and something always happens to foil my plans later.  Two years ago, my 150 gr 30/06 bullet took out the neck-roast on its way out of my last buck, and last season my 12 gauge SST struck a little farther forward than I intended, on my last doe's shoulder blade.  That made a bloody mess out of her neck.   

I wonder what a giraffe would taste like .... horse maybe.  I never ate one of those either, but would not hesitate if given a chance.   There would probably be more meat in the neck, than the hind quarters.   

Where they are managed and legal, why not? I have no interest in one, but I have no issue with someone else going after one. 

She specifically was targeting a mature declining animal, that was a threat to the local heard. Wise management practice in my opinion. 

• Like 1