Does your wife, girlfriend or daughter - hunt, shoot or fish

rob-c

I’ve tried getting Mrs TF out there with us / me with no luck. Told her she could read her book. But time in the woods has been become daughter n my time when we can. She can wake up upon me playing reveille on my phone at 3 am and she’s ready , dressed at 3:02. Wife isn’t a fan of my girlfriends going lol. But they’re all make believe anyhow. Started taking Samanatha turkey scouting as a toddler before spring season as a toddler. I’d let her hit the call when I knew birds were about to rip anyhow. But seeing a 4 year old smile thinking she got them to gobble was priceless. She’s grown to love our woods time together. Gets the happy place thing , long discussion after she shot her first deer last year. She was ok with it but I had to make sure. She said I took its life , we’ll eat the venison Gave me a huge hug , her smile was etched for days too. Someday she’ll roll a bird. Dang the last few years and hang ups. Watched me tip over a few. A deer with my .44. Never regret not having a boy to hunt with. She’s the total package I couldn’t dream up. Great fisherman too. 6542ca39e80d861f547a196ce54ecb22.jpg27b0af7482bcd91df66456208c39eaa1.jpg87f25447917ce4940b4b8075e7758304.jpg2cecc8d0ba3596cf140abf43ce762ab4.jpg39f046a43c2936390b0d5cbbdd726b15.jpg
Disclaimer: I’ve never taken a nap in the woods in my life. I did NOT teach her that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38C11F7F-F58A-4A83-81D2-399FCC38C928.jpeg

C233E7F8-7736-4F70-9BAF-242F7F98FCE2.jpeg

C6A0591B-48FB-417E-A9E7-5D46B05DA8EA.jpeg

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 16

Daughter shoot archery every Tuesday night from September till June for 3 years now and will sit with me till she’s of age to harvest a animal. Wife is from Louisiana and shows no interest in hunting for herself still can’t figure that one out but that makes it easier on my check book. I prefer it this way, love her yes but love my alone time in the woods.

Edited by sodfather
  • Like 3

My wife hunts rifle season only. Gets a deer, and usually slips into holiday mode after that. One of our first dates (in the late 70's) we rented a boat at Oak Orchard and went bass fishing. Prior to that, she had no outdoors experience as her family wasn't into that. We've fished together ever since.

One of our two daughters bow hunts, gun hunts, and joined a women's goose hunting club last year. She's been into it ever since she was old enough to handle a 22. Also has a carry permit. We have a salmon on the wall that she caught when she was 12.

The other daughter has never been interested in any outdoors activities of any kind. She like to say that she must've been adopted - lol.

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve tried getting Mrs TF out there with us / me with no luck. Told her she could read her book. But time in the woods has been become daughter n my time when we can. She can wake up upon me playing reveille on my phone at 3 am and she’s ready , dressed at 3:02. Wife isn’t a fan of my girlfriends going lol. But they’re all make believe anyhow. Started taking Samanatha turkey scouting as a toddler before spring season as a toddler. I’d let her hit the call when I knew birds were about to rip anyhow. But seeing a 4 year old smile thinking she got them to gobble was priceless. She’s grown to love our woods time together. Gets the happy place thing , long discussion after she shot her first deer last year. She was ok with it but I had to make sure. She said I took its life , we’ll eat the venison Gave me a huge hug , her smile was etched for days too. Someday she’ll roll a bird. Dang the last few years and hang ups. Watched me tip over a few. A deer with my .44. Never regret not having a boy to hunt with. She’s the total package I couldn’t dream up. Great fisherman too. 6542ca39e80d861f547a196ce54ecb22.jpg27b0af7482bcd91df66456208c39eaa1.jpg87f25447917ce4940b4b8075e7758304.jpg2cecc8d0ba3596cf140abf43ce762ab4.jpg39f046a43c2936390b0d5cbbdd726b15.jpg
Disclaimer: I’ve never taken a nap in the woods in my life. I did NOT teach her that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38C11F7F-F58A-4A83-81D2-399FCC38C928.jpeg

C233E7F8-7736-4F70-9BAF-242F7F98FCE2.jpeg

C6A0591B-48FB-417E-A9E7-5D46B05DA8EA.jpeg

That first photo is priceless,love her little camo.  two thumbs up to dad for raising a good kid.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

Ill apologize in advance, Kind of showing her off.. She makes me proud lol 

My wife hunts early season while weather is still decent, she gets cold to easily. Hence the reason trying to get a permanent blind up for her. We shoot our bows as often as we can, with all the kids as well. We all shoot guns and fish when we can.. so yes we do it all together as a family.   

My wife with her first deer by gun, and first deer by bow.. Shes a trooper cause she actually field dressed both her self as well!! just waned me to guide her through it!! Kind of scary... I better watch my back lol 

As much as i really really enjoy my alone time away from her(which isn't very often), i really enjoy getting to do this with her a few times each fall! I sit back and watch it all unfold, love it. 

20161001_092712.jpg

20161002_165208.jpg

Screenshot_20180816-063218.png

Screenshot_20180816-063618.png

Screenshot_20180816-065200.png

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Ill apologize in advance, Kind of showing her off.. She makes me proud lol 

My wife hunts early season while weather is still decent, she gets cold to easily. Hence the reason trying to get a permanent blind up for her. We shoot our bows as often as we can, with all the kids as well. We all shoot guns and fish when we can.. so yes we do it all together as a family.   

My wife with her first deer by gun, and first deer by bow.. Shes a trooper cause she actually field dressed both her self as well!! just waned me to guide her through it!! Kind of scary... I better watch my back lol 

As much as i really really enjoy my alone time away from her(which isn't very often), i really enjoy getting to do this with her a few times each fall! I sit back and watch it all unfold, love it. 

20161001_092712.jpg

20161002_165208.jpg

Screenshot_20180816-063218.png

Screenshot_20180816-063618.png

Screenshot_20180816-065200.png

You sir  have a total package, my wife still won’t field dress a deer. Kudos to the misses for getting right in there , that’s awesome..  

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

My wife doesn't hunt or fish. I have tried but nope. My oldest daughter hunts and fishes.  She shows up opening morning of gun season and I walk her to a stand. She has yet to get a deer though. Last year she shot them with her camera instead of her gun. Youngest daughter doesn't hunt or fish, rather go shopping and get her hair done with mom.

My wife and two daughters all hunt, fish and enjoy archery greatly.

It gets expensive to outfit them all though. A few years back we went to Cabela's in Pennsylvania and I went to use the rest room. When I came back the wife was in the archery section pushing one cart and pulling another, both fully loaded. She was fully stocked with gear.... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rob-c said:

You sir  have a total package, my wife still won’t field dress a deer. Kudos to the misses for getting right in there , that’s awesome..  

Thank you sir, she can be a handful at times but I wouldn't trade her for anything! lol...

She enjoys doing it all for the most part, besides buying hunting related equipment. She hates it lol  

My wife has no interest in hunting or shooting. She does enjoy walking in the fields and woods as long as there are not too many hills. During gun season she will sit in a blind with me for a morning or afternoon once in awhile just to see the animals and birds.

Funny thing is that although she has no interest in fishing open water in warm weather, she enjoys sitting in a shanty ice fishing. During the open water season, she will go if I go with a buddy on his boat, just to relax or drive the boat.

I have helped several young girls and adult women get into hunting and fishing. In my experience, they are way more easy to teach than young boys or men. They are there to learn and succeed with no preconceived ideas, and much more patience. And, you have to remember that everyone has fun outdoors in their own way.

I have had two teen girls in a pop up with me texting and tee heeing all weekend, but when it came time to shoot, both girls were up to the task with one shot kills. They both had a great time and always stay in touch with me, and come sit a couple times every year.

18 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Ok I am the wife and my husband doesn't hunt it is just me . He does go fishing with me . I go hunting with my sister and he husband sometimes or by myself most of the time .

That’s awesome, how did you get into hunting ? 

5 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Ok I am the husband and my wife doesn't hunt it is just me . He does go fishing with me . I go hunting with my sister and he husband sometimes or by myself most of the time .

Here...I fixed it for you.

J/K  I kid, I kid.  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1