The Governor says America was never great

23 minutes ago, grampy said:

The reason the POS is so popular in the big cities. Is that he's very good at taking money from people that work. And giving it to people that don't, or won't. 

It's the liberal way!

Too many don't want to interrupt the free ride!

Oh, I agree. It just gets annoying with people saying we in the "Up-State" area don't vote, when they call out everything North and North-West of NYC and the burroughs "Up State". There's a lot of area and people that don't live in the 'City', not everyone sits by and don't vote. Personally, I think we have people in 'Up State' that vote for our cause more then we have in the big cities. 

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bill Schmidt said:

From what Sean Hannity said on Fox news-- Cuomo will be in the run in 2020. Kirsten Gillibrand às well. Trump is doing a great job so far.

Gillibrand is a wet dish rag who was given that seat by the party bosses because they knew she would keep her mouth shut and do as Schumer tells her. She’s never made any significant difference in the senate. Presidential run?, she would be way in over her head with that move.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, philoshop said:

I hope he runs for President and wins the Democrat nomination in a landslide. President Trump will destroy him in about 15 seconds and leave him as the quivering pile of jelly that he is. That would be glorious, and I could drag out my FUAC t-shirt.

No way will he run in 2020. He doesn't have the balls to risk getting crushed. He'll be shooting for 2024

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Unbelievable Pataki was governor, not that he was the sharpest knife in the drawer. As others have said, the creep who gives out the most free stuff wins....pathetic.  

Don't forget Pataki served 3 terms.  That is why I simply can't understand why the republicans seem to have completely thrown in the towel in this years election.  When Pataki could beat his father I fail to believe that Andrew couldn't be ousted if some effort was put into it.  I've said this several times before, the NYC and surrounded area vote could be surmounted if everyone upstate votes.  The republicans could even capitalize on this current Cuomo gaff and maybe turn some votes to their side.  Without some effort it won't happen.  I see freaking Cuomo commercial every night, while I have yet to see one commercial for the Republican candidate.  It just boggles my mind that absolutely NO effort is being put into this election.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Unbelievable Pataki was governor, not that he was the sharpest knife in the drawer. As others have said, the creep who gives out the most free stuff wins....pathetic.  

Yep look at that  jerk  they got in nyc  de Blasio.

He only won because he promised to be a bigger Santa then the others .

It should be a crime to bribe people for votes .

The problem in NYS is somewhat unique compared to other states. NYC is home to one of the most left-leaning newspapers in the country and they won't print a single word about a Conservative candidate. Not one word. This is what Rob Astorino faced, even though he was a prominent figure in Westchester. It's not just an uphill battle for a Conservative in this state, it's uphill against an enemy with the full support of the media and they don't mind suppressing all debate if it fits their end goal.

I might add that there are few Conservative politicians even remaining in the state to take up the fight. The smarter folks have left for "greener pastures".

49 minutes ago, philoshop said:

The problem in NYS is somewhat unique compared to other states. NYC is home to one of the most left-leaning newspapers in the country and they won't print a single word about a Conservative candidate. Not one word. This is what Rob Astorino faced, even though he was a prominent figure in Westchester. It's not just an uphill battle for a Conservative in this state, it's uphill against an enemy with the full support of the media and they don't mind suppressing all debate if it fits their end goal.

I might add that there are few Conservative politicians even remaining in the state to take up the fight. The smarter folks have left for "greener pastures".

I would agree with your point on NY newspapers, but candidates purchase air time for TV commercials.  Obviously Cuomo is spending a fortune since I am seeing several commercials for him each day in the short amount of time I watch TV.   Looks like the republicans aren't spending a dime since I haven't seen one yet for their candidate.  And I do wonder why Cuomo is spending so much for air time since most folks, including people on this forum think he is such a shoe in to win the election?  Maybe some private polls that he might have conducted are showing some vulnerabilities?  Maybe he thinks that Nixon will run as a third party candidate and split the democratic vote?  Seems to me the republicans are doing JACK$#!+ to try to take advantage of any opportunity they may have here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I would agree with your point on NY newspapers, but candidates purchase air time for TV commercials.  Obviously Cuomo is spending a fortune since I am seeing several commercials for him each day in the short amount of time I watch TV.   Looks like the republicans aren't spending a dime since I haven't seen one yet for their candidate.  And I do wonder why Cuomo is spending so much for air time since most folks, including people on this forum think he is such a shoe in to win the election?  Maybe some private polls that he might have conducted are showing some vulnerabilities?  Maybe he thinks that Nixon will run as a third party candidate and split the democratic vote?  Seems to me the republicans are doing JACK$#!+ to try to take advantage of any opportunity they may have here.

I’m not sure what they’re waiting for either. 

Marc Molinaro seems like he might have a shot, he is a down state republican from Ulster county and seems to lean a bit left. That may attract some folks to vote his way. Cuomo doesn’t seem to be polling as well this time around and had a tough time winning last go round. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I’m not sure what they’re waiting for either. 

Marc Molinaro seems like he might have a shot, he is a down state republican from Ulster county and seems to lean a bit left. That may attract some folks to vote his way. Cuomo doesn’t seem to be polling as well this time around and had a tough time winning last go round. 

He's from Dutchess (Ulster is across the Hudson)

Voted in as Mayor of Tivoli, which is a small hamlet, at age 18

Went on to County Legislator and now is County Executive.

Been a favorite with Republican party here and hope this isn't a fall on his sword payback.

16 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

He's from Dutchess (Ulster is across the Hudson)

Voted in as Mayor of Tivoli, which is a small hamlet, at age 18

Went on to County Legislator and now is County Executive.

Been a favorite with Republican party here and hope this isn't a fall on his sword payback.

It’s all the same from up north. Haha. Jk 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, steve863 said:

Don't forget Pataki served 3 terms.  That is why I simply can't understand why the republicans seem to have completely thrown in the towel in this years election.  When Pataki could beat his father I fail to believe that Andrew couldn't be ousted if some effort was put into it.  I've said this several times before, the NYC and surrounded area vote could be surmounted if everyone upstate votes.  The republicans could even capitalize on this current Cuomo gaff and maybe turn some votes to their side.  Without some effort it won't happen.  I see freaking Cuomo commercial every night, while I have yet to see one commercial for the Republican candidate.  It just boggles my mind that absolutely NO effort is being put into this election.

Hard to beat the city of New York and it's liberal base, but I agree with you that an effort has to be made to get the republican candidate on the radar. I did forget that Pataki served 3 terms. My how things have changed.

I’m not so sure that comment was any mistake or some sort or slip up . The whole Democratic line these day is Trump wants us to go backwards , to a time of increased racism and all the other isms .

Cuomo  may simply be trying to  play   into that and get all the Sanders followers and those who somehow feel cheated to support him .

Although that comment isn’t and never will garner wide spread support , which may turn it into a mistake, but I fully believe it was a  planed statement .

9 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I’m not so sure that comment was any mistake or some sort or slip up . The whole Democratic line these day is Trump wants us to go backwards , to a time of increased racism and all the other isms .

Cuomo  may simply be trying to  play   into that and get all the Sanders followers and those who somehow feel cheated to support him .

Although that comment isn’t and never will garner wide spread support , which may turn it into a mistake, but I fully believe it was a  planed statement .

To be honest people that have anti-American feelings are not people you want politicians pandering to . The DMC should all come out and say to these ingrates if you feel that way you have no business being here or  voting for any Democrat.  Just like is expected of the Republicans  to denounce all of the nazi groups out there .

But of course the media will never call them out on that like they do with the right .

• Like 1

From the Patriot Post:

In politics, diversity is employed by the left as a tool for division. First, to be of value to the political Left, you're given an identifier: woman, black, Hispanic, disabled, gender fluid, victim of white privilege, atheist, whatever. Then, according to that identifier, your status is the priority, not your individual rights or Liberty as an American.

One's status is the preeminent driver of the issues discussed and, therefore, your value to the political Left is to be a victim in need of an intervening agency, such as the government, to be your protector, your provider, your equalizer, your defender, your insert-function-here. Thus, Democrats love "diversity" for the purpose of having a variety of needy subjects. And, yes, "subjects" is the right term.

Some leftists advocate no more citizens of sovereign nations, shouting, "No borders, no wall, no USA at all." To eradicate borders is to abandon the need for citizenship. To abandon citizenship means that the government rules over wards (or subjects) of the state.

While the true purpose of diversity is to ensure that talent, skill, human ingenuity, opinion, and experience should add value to an organization or group, Democrats carry the banner of diversity to appear morally superior while using it to bludgeon both majority whites and America as a whole. Though he made a lame attempt to walk back his comments, that's what Democrat New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo meant when he said American "was never that great."

The diversity club has been used against Trump, too.

In recent months, the open-borders crowd has become "woke" to a policy that was used by George W. Bush and strengthened in Barack Obama's last term due to human trafficking — the separation of children from their law-breaking parent/adult/trafficker. As with other adults who break the law in every other aspect of law enforcement, children are removed to safety until legal proceedings provide a remedy. Trump's zero-tolerance approach to this policy's enforcement was due to the massive influx of illegal immigrants seeking safe harbor in sanctuary cities, coupled with the true obstinance of both Democrats and some Republicans to allocate funding for a wall and enforcement of America's southern border.

Additionally, there was Trump's travel ban. Trump took the list of nations associated with terrorism itemized during Obama's tenure and paused travel into the U.S. from these nations until adequate vetting and documentation could occur. But that wasn't "diverse" enough.

In his April lecture to the Hillsdale College National Leadership Seminar, California State University professor Edward Erler asserted, "If [the travel ban had been] signed by any president other than Trump, there would therefore be no constitutional objections." That's not based on any material changes of the proposal, but because of the assumed racist intent assigned to Donald Trump by the biased media and rabid Left.

Following the arguments presented by Democrats, Americans must accept all who come to the United States for the supreme attainment of diversity as a defining moral trait that supersedes the value of citizenship or national security. Instead of the greatness of America and any exceptionalism, as Dr. Erler posited, the political Left wants universal persons to live in a homogenous world-state with global interests prevailing. It's ironic that, using the ideal of diversity, America would be embracing sameness in a borderless society absent the foundations of freedom, right?

In November 2016, Americans supported the candidate who loudly rejected the Left's attempt to define our American culture as some universal slog of sameness with no exceptionalism based on some manufactured morality of diversity as constructed by Democrats. A constitutional government serves those with a shared desire for independence, self-reliance, and rights that exist not from the State but from one's being a responsible, decent part of humanity. A constitutional form of government empowers its citizenry that is naturally diverse in its geographic divisions and cultural mix.

America needs and must welcome immigrants. Our nation is great with its diverse culture that varies "from sea to shining sea." Yet the idea that a constitutional government can truly exist without assimilation to a shared culture is not just foolhardy but impossible.

Those highly functioning teams that lead in health care, sports, the military, business, and every area of life possess individuals of various talents, skills, ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic status. Yet without a shared commitment to the stated mission of each team, they fail. Diversity is good when valued as part of a culture devoted to common goals. Diversity for the sake of itself and the advancement of politically correct indoctrination is the uniform destruction of America.

• Like 2