Besides deer what is your favorite thing to hunt

Hunter007

Deer are WAAAAY down on my list of favorites.....

#1.....Turkeys

#2.....Waterfowl

#3...Anything else that flies

#4...Rabbits  with a beagle

#5...Squirrels

Honorable mention is given to caribou, elk, and pronghorns, because I don't get the opportunity to hunt any of them much anymore...

• Like 2

I probably enjoy squirrel hunting more than deer hunting...they are plentiful, easy access to find them, and can be very challenging.  Unfortunately, I have never found a way to cook them I enjoy, so I seldom pursue them.

I love spring bear hunting.  It is a great time of the year to be in the woods, and you see all sorts of critters, I never get tired of watching bears. 

• Like 1

I enjoy hunting just about everything that you can hunt here in the Finger Lakes region. If I had to pick just one thing besides deer it would probably be hunting cottontail rabbits with my beagles. I enjoy getting out of the tree stands and ground blinds after deer sesson and getting some exercise trying to keep up with my dogs. I love the sound of the chase when the dogs get on a bunny and many times let the bunny go so the dogs can have some fun. But I do also enjoy turkey and waterfowl hunting.                 valoroutdoors.com 

client_PART_1485724213243.jpg

• Like 4

Small game hunting is by far my favorite kind of hunting, no one particular species is an overwhelming favorite. They all provide excitement and action in their own way so I have a fondness for just about everything when it comes to small game. 

Woodchucks, Crows, Fox, Pheasant, Grouse, Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Rabbits-Hare, Squirrels, Coon, Coyotes, Woodcock, all = Action and Fun Fun Fun!!

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2