Besides deer what is your favorite thing to hunt

Hunter007

Hey Predate...
Are your artifacts NY origin or elsewhere? One of the areas (west shore Seneca Lake) is known to produce arrowheads, etc. every now and then, but I haven't been lucky enough yet....keep hoping!
Yes they were all found personally by me in and around the Southern Tier. My collection has grown since that photo, but since moving to Ontario County I haven't been able to find any.
I do know of a few village sites along the west side of Seneca.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I understand CNY is loaded with indian artifacts, but our seasonal leaf drop and heavy agricultural use has hidden it very well.  The book "Wilderness War" about the Sullivan campaign locates quite a number of large sites, most of which and specifically, are buried beneath modern growth (Syracuse sewage tx plant, the State Fair upper parking lots being two).

I was delighted to have been shown flint knappings uncovered by a recent rain, by a naturalist at a popular hiking location though. He reported arrowheads, etc. were found regularly by the employees, at that time. 

A cousin lived for a time on an island in the Chesapeake bay, which was heavily used by a number of tribes, and he had a collection of thousands (private land, mostly undeveopled). Amazing 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

What kind of dog do you have?  Are there many grouse even around these days??

no dog , seems to be quite a few as all the fowl seems to have had a good hatch this year . quite a few woodcock around as well.

16 minutes ago, G-Man said:

no dog , seems to be quite a few as all the fowl seems to have had a good hatch this year . quite a few woodcock around as well.

Mostly winter time hunts?  Pretty easy (relative) to find on top of snow.........

They gotta be almost impossible to find in the fall when shot and the foliage makes it tough to even see the bastids flying!

18 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Mostly winter time hunts?  Pretty easy (relative) to find on top of snow.........

They gotta be almost impossible to find in the fall when shot and the foliage makes it tough to even see the bastids flying!

no i like fall october hunts. have several spot they are easy to flush. i dont hunt in snow ..