Crazy damn drivers

fasteddie

I was driving from Webster a bit ago on Rt 104 . A woman was coming off the on ramp so I pulled into the passing lane to give her room . This dipwad pulled across the slow lane and into my lane and almost took of my front end . I hit the brakes and the horn . Luckily no one was behind me and that wimpy ass horn on the Subaru has to go . 

Farther down the near Ontario Center a vehicle in the passing lane was going slow and a guy in a sporty car put on his turn signals and turned into the slower lane . Then the jerk that was driving slow pulled in front of the sporty car without using his signals and the guy in the srorty looking car had to hit his brakes . 

Sorry but I had to vent !

27 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I was driving from Webster a bit ago on Rt 104 . A woman was coming off the on ramp so I pulled into the passing lane to give her room . This dipwad pulled across the slow lane and into my lane and almost took of my front end . I hit the brakes and the horn . Luckily no one was behind me and that wimpy ass horn on the Subaru has to go . 

Farther down the near Ontario Center a vehicle in the passing lane was going slow and a guy in a sporty car put on his turn signals and turned into the slower lane . Then the jerk that was driving slow pulled in front of the sporty car without using his signals and the guy in the srorty looking car had to hit his brakes . 

Sorry but I had to vent !

Here's a good one, next page please.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

13 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

You want a nightmare, try traveling on the 90 westbound  3 miles east of the Lackawanna toll booths to said toll booth. Bridge and road replacement down to the sub base. It split the 90 into the 190 exit ramps westbound and one lane into the east bound lanes. Speed .limit of 45 and everyone doing 65. Their coming at you from all angles. East bound lanes next season.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Then the jerk that was driving slow pulled in front of the sporty car without using his signals and the guy in the srorty looking car had to hit his brakes

Pretty much why I avoid  passing on the right . 

Next time you are on a two lane highway, consider the fact that every oncoming car is going about the same speed as you are and will be passing by you somewhere in the vicinity of 4 feet away from you. And they could be focused on some "smart phone" or high on some drug or just one of those sloppy drivers or one of the many new electronic conveniences that they are filling cars with today. Always be ready to take evasive action. "Drive defensively" is more than just a cute slogan.

Edited by Doc

This is why I drive trucks and why my wife will only ever transport my kids around in a truck or very big SUV. Other drivers are scary as hell and the chances of someone else causing you or your family bodily injury while traveling is getting greater every day it seems like. Might as well travel around in a big safe vehicle.

I think the standards for who gets a license needs to be raised, ALOT. I drove truck for a couple years and I’ve seen more terrible driving than I ever cared to. Every school should have a drivers ed class that’s mandatory and I think there should be some sort of vigorous driving school that’s at least a few months long that needs to be passed before ever getting behind the wheel alone.

And all the tech they are putting in vehicles now is a huge distraction. They were so hell bent on cell phones being our biggest worry, HA! Why worry about cell phones so much when I can watch a dvd, pop popcorn, and get a back massage all in the drivers seat.

So does it seem to you all that every decade, the drivers seem to get significantly more reckless? It almost seems like people are getting less concerned with their lives and the lives of others on the road. I realize that roads keep getting more and more crowded as time goes on, and therefore the odds of encountering idiots are increased. But these days it is getting downright scary. It feels like Russian roulette.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Next time you are on a two lane highway, consider the fact that every oncoming car is going about the same speed as you are and will be passing by you somewhere in the vicinity of 4 feet away from you. And they could be focused on some "smart phone" or high on some drug or just one of those sloppy drivers or one of the many new electronic conveniences that they are filling cars with today. Always be ready to take evasive action. "Drive defensively" is more than just a cute slogan.

I assume every driver around me is, drunk ,high, has no,license or insurance , is pissed off and on the phone .  

The last accident I was in where I was driving was 1,982 and I was hit by a RPD car who blew through a red light . Not even a fender bender since , I plan three moves ahead, and leave space , and for the record I drive 70 plus on a 55 and 80 to 85 on the thruway,never  had a speeding ticket either . I back off when conditions dictate and don’t try to “ push”folks out of my way .

True story we went for an mva, one driver was reported to be unconscious, she was wake when we pulled up, ( she was a ch 10 news reporter ) I asked what happened ?she said I reached for my phone which slid across the passenger seat, and next thing I know I was waking up .....

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

Few weeks ago I got rearended while waiting to make a left turn merely seconds from being home. 15 mph zone at best with multiple crosswalks  My car got hit by suv that was hit by car that was hit by car and hit by the cause vehicle.  To shove that many vehicles they had to be moving pretty good  I'm still gun shy with other cars not braking or appearing to be breaking in time  Always looking out my back mirror saying oh $hit it's going to happen again. I see people on their phone all the time. Daughter got her learners permit last Wednesday   Been taking her through a local park which is 15 mph but offers Stop signs, turns, other cars, turn signals. etc  little bit in 30 mph zones around town too. We've witnessed multiple not even slowing down for stop signs in the park alone. Yesterday on way to work I had a car in front of me waiting at redlight   Arrow turns green for left turn and yup car goes right through the red light ,then later driving through some hilly terrain in a 55 mph zone with 2 cars in front of me we all had a car pass us all on double yellow line going very fast  Winding through turns and no way could they see other cars approaching over the hill tops.   We were all doing the speed limit    I just don't feel comfortable driving as much as I used to   People have gotten more reckless ,clueless etc.  Teaching daughter how to drive and seeing all this makes me quite nervous 

22 hours ago, Doc said:

So does it seem to you all that every decade, the drivers seem to get significantly more reckless? It almost seems like people are getting less concerned with their lives and the lives of others on the road. I realize that roads keep getting more and more crowded as time goes on, and therefore the odds of encountering idiots are increased. But these days it is getting downright scary. It feels like Russian roulette.

And then when those crappy drivers pile up and lose their lives the family will be looking for someone to sue. 

Pretty much seen it all... In the mornings the gal's are primping for work, hair, make-up, etc. Guys are NOT exempt, saw one dude eating a bowl of cereal going 60+mph down a crowed Xpressway. Afternoon distractions are mainly cell phone related. If you're following a car that slows down, speeds up or is swerving - telltale signs of texting. Not to say there aren't a lot of cell phone calls made all hours of the day. Pretty rare to see someone pulled over obviously using their cell.

My round trip to and from work everyday is 136 miles, (if i don't go to camp on the way home) 5-6 days a week .. I see some horrible, clueless, not right and careless people on the road every single day. And it drives me absolutely nuts!!! I've always been a cautious driver, because that is how i was taught. But since i lost my father to a careless driver.. and the fact that this states judicial system is total garbage, my feelings towards these drivers is much worse these days. 

Most people don't realize how dangerous a car and its driver can really be. Most don't even notice whats going on around them, or what they are potentially doing when they do these erratic things and or don't care because "they have never been effected by a careless/clueless driver.. "

Between my grandfather being a defensive driver instructor, a member of the corvette club, and at watkins glenn track, as well as my dads "winter time fun" as kids, I was blessed to be taught the ins and outs of car handling. I believe everyone should have to go through these hands on courses before they are given a license .. For anyone that hasn't been in a defensive driving course where you are actually driving your own vehicle and put in harms way intentionally with an instructor on the track. it is a great experience and an eye opening event. it really is.