So what are you all learning?

Doc

Yup, August is well under way, so it's likely that a lot of you are starting to snoop around and, scouting, and beginning to check on deer locations, and patterns and food sources, and starting to learn of any deer pattern changes, or verification of old patterns and any changes to habitat. So is your scouting time yielding any useful info? What are you seeing? What are you learning?

Can’t say don’t scout, haven’t set foot on  my spot since March . May hang two cameras Wed .

Food sources , I have driven by, corn to the south ,beans east ,corn to the  north , disc land to the west .

I have a few spots picked out for the bow opener that have current deer activity. 

But I've learned over the years, where deer are in August is no indication of where they will be in November.  I do my scouting for rifle deer in October while Grouse or Turkey hunting.

I like to scout right after the season and then through shed hunting season. I'll do some stand moves during that time too. August is spent observing deer in fields and seeing what shows up on trail cams.  It's interesting to see how the deer patterns start to change a little towards the end of summer and how each day has me thinking more and more about the fall woods .  Bow season opens in 42 days.

• Like 1