A few fawn pics

chrisw

I spent the majority of yesterday scouting, hanging cameras etc. I was exploring a new clear-cut when I walked up on this little fella who wasn't as afraid as it should've been. I took some photos and then scared it pretty good, hopefully it relates to that during deer season or it won't last long. fawn.jpegfawn2.jpegfawn3.jpegfawn4.jpegfawn5.jpeg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Great shot Chris!

A few years back I had two fawns that would follow me around the creek bottom every time I stepped foot in their woods.

I'd snap a few pics.., enjoy a little quiet time with them.., and then move on. This was almost a daily occurrence to have them within arms reach of me from spring right on through the summer.

Once falls deer season rolled around, I got a little nervous for them, but it was the same deal with them from the beginning of bow season, right to the end of late ML/bow.

The had both survived the entire season simply by holding tight to their home territory that receives minimal pressure from any outsiders.

So scare them off to instill some fear of man into them, or leave them be to sort things out for themselves..? I guess there's no right or wrong answer to that, but I always like to let things unfold how they will with the least amount of impact. 

BTW- my fawn season with the camera was a huge flop this year due to minimal time invested into chasing them, so it was nice to see you post this round of spots!:good:

• Like 2

Great shot Chris!
A few years back I had two fawns that would follow me around the creek bottom every time I stepped foot in their woods.
I'd snap a few pics.., enjoy a little quiet time with them.., and then move on. This was almost a daily occurrence to have them within arms reach of me from spring right on through the summer.
Once falls deer season rolled around, I got a little nervous for them, but it was the same deal with them from the beginning of bow season, right to the end of late ML/bow.
The had both survived the entire season simply by holding tight to their home territory that receives minimal pressure from any outsiders.

So scare them off to instill some fear of man into them, or leave them be to sort things out for themselves..? I guess there's no right or wrong answer to that, but I always like to let things unfold how they will with the least amount of impact. 
BTW- my fawn season with the camera was a huge flop this year due to minimal time invested into chasing them, so it was nice to see you post this round of spots!:good:

Thanks Wooly!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1