blackbeltbill

STERLING FOREST HUNTING PERMIT-- Get Yours Today!

I just got my Sterling Forest Hunting Permit yesterday. Just 5 Bucks. Nothing if you are just going for Pheasant.  Good changes for this year!     This October 1st, there is SMALL GAME HUNTING ALLOWED IN ALL HUNTING AREAS! I have been trying to get this passed for years as it used to be Nov 1st for Firearms start date.   Go down and get your permit and bring your new hunting License. I will try to upload pics of New map and check out #7 reg which tells of new Oct 1st start date for Small game in all hunting areas.

I have some nice pics of Sterling Forest Visitor Center as well. Off of Long Meadow Road in Tuxedo,NY. Follow signs on that road. Really nice insidewith a huge table map!   I believe they are open 8am-- 4.30pm and closed at Lunch. Takes 5 minutes to fill out your hunting permit form.  Sterling Forest Visitor Center is a really nice place to take the family as well. I will try to upload more pics.

Nice Gift shop there as well. I gave 2 Turkey Hunting Seminars at the Visitor Center in the past. Perhaps again one day. Hope the Pheasants will be out for Oct 1st. Call to confirm this.

I’m going to think about it..........looks like a great spot. 

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

Yeah Lawdwaz-- Sterling Forest is a nice area. Plenty of Black Bear as well.  Only area in Orange County where, I see Ruffed Grouse from time to time.

Been there hiked there have not hunted there but I know that  it is  a good spot for bears someone usually gets one there every year just about  Allegedly

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

Ok-- Sterling Forest State Park is popular-- but the Forest is in large and small segments .  Plenty of Woodsroad that will take you Far away from competition. Some woods roads have their Gates opened for hunting season and you can drive a 4- wheel drive truck back over 1 mile in a few spots and park. 

What, I like about Sterling Forest is that it is part of a popular Woodcock migration route. Indeed, I have kicked up many in that area. Now that the whole park opens to gun Season on Oct 1st--- I can hit a few spots that always seem to produce! 

And be sure to check out Candle Rd-LOL!! I am referring to that funny video in Chit-Chat---No Deer In Sterling Forest. Check that out.

Yesterday afternoon during a drive through Sterling Forest State Park, I came upon a Large Flock of Wild Turkeys! 2 Brood Hens and some 12 Large offspring at #+&_(.  Seriously though, I am seeing more Turkeys this Summer then last

Good Luck to all Sterling Forest Hunters for tomorrow-- October 1st. I have a feeling that alot of hunters will be down at the Sterling Forest Visitor Center on Long Meadow Road  to get their Hunting Permit. You get a nice colorful Topo map as well.  They are open 8am and get there before or after Lunch at 12 noon.   I took a drive down here yesterday. Black Bears are seen sometimes crossing Long Meadow Road.     I am hoping that the Ruffed Grouse will be up in numbers this year's as well.  Luck out there.