flooded barassicas

So i had one plot started out ok got a few inches tall and then got really wet standing water in some spots, the plants are stil only about 3in tall and discolored, and appear to be dying off i fertilized just to see what might happen  if it drys up what are the chances it bounces back....

I have the same problem this year in 2 of my plots, first time in a looong time. They popped up fast, but then the rain never ended.. Grew nice but got way too wet and havent grown much since, besides in the higher spots of the plots. Hoping this weeks hot dry weather helps them out. My 3rd dryer plot they were kickin A when i checked a week and a half ago. 

3 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

I have the same problem this year in 2 of my plots, first time in a looong time. They popped up fast, but then the rain never ended.. Grew nice but got way too wet and havent grown much since, besides in the higher spots of the plots. Hoping this weeks hot dry weather helps them out. My 3rd dryer plot they were kickin A when i checked a week and a half ago. 

yeah my other 4 plots are doing good they are either are on higher ground that dries up quickly or sloped so the water runs off, the plot that is wet sits right at a base of hill side and is flat I'll just have to have to hope it dries up and they come back, the worst part is its the biggest plot and I tried a new seed in it 

I had the same issue this year in my turnip plot. The seeds germinated about a month ago then we had all of that heavy rain. Two weeks later there was hardly a sprout to be found. I replanted this past weekend with winter wheat and a splash of turnips. Hope this turns out well.

My other plots are doing fine though, winter oats, rye and clover. I guess turnips will not tolerate wet soils.

I also have same issue, I will reseed my flooded spots with oats and balansa clover. Oats should fill those spots in and the clover will be an experiment, there is still time. Winter cereal rye will be another option as well. Good luck and we need to hope for some drying out weather!

• Like 1

yeah i thought of planting oats or something but decided not to , what grows will grow and with the fertilizer i put out there should be some young tender natural forage that pops up, with what brassicas make it. i got 4 other plots so it is what it is

Good to hear. Hit the thin spots with cereal grains if you want to fill in the plot. Last i checked my wet brassica areas have no plants left. Dead and gone. I hit it heavy with WW last week. Hope it fills in good now.    

We got 3 more big heavy quick storms over the long weekend again. 

two weeks ago or so i had a bag of some throw n grow stuff given to me by a friend it was a yr old but i tossed it out there so that may help but it is going to be what it is this year next year ill plant it a little different maybe oats,  this was the 1st yr for this plot i new it would be wet just not this wet.