What Dropped This Scat?

DirtTime

3 minutes ago, First-light said:

Are those seeds in it? If so I would say raccoon, small bear?

Yes, and even some full berries. If that's a raccoon it's frikin' huge. I didn't have anything to do a size comparison, but it was the size of my dogs scat, she's a Husky, so it's not Poodle poop. LOL.

My first though was bear. But they haven't seen any up there in years.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Yes, and even some full berries. If that's a raccoon it's frikin' huge. I didn't have anything to do a size comparison, but it was the size of my dogs scat, she's a Husky, so it's not Poodle poop. LOL.

My first though was bear. But they haven't seen any up there in years.  

Coyotes are omnivorous opportunists, as are bears....Could be either one...

Remember the latin name for Wile E. Coyote in the roadrunner cartoons... " Eatabus Anythingus".....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rob... said:

:wacko:

I have seen lots of coyote turds with persimmons in them while hunting hogs in Georgia....

However if I saw that in my hunting area I would figure it was a bear..We have plenty of them around.. 

Also it depends on the size of the turd cutter on the critter...If it looks like a BIG dog, it's probably a bear...If the size is similar to a medium dog, very possibly a coyote..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I have seen lots of coyote turds with persimmons in them while hunting hogs in Georgia....

However if I saw that in my hunting area I would figure it was a bear..We have plenty of them around.. 

Also it depends on the size of the turd cutter on the critter...If it looks like a BIG dog, it's probably a bear...If the size is similar to a medium dog, very possibly a coyote..

I should have the trail cam up in a few weeks, maybe if it's a bear it will show up on the cam. I am hoping as that area already has too many coyotes.

• Like 1

Baaaahahahahaha. Dudes are funny.
Maybe it was the Beast Of Bray Road, he got tired of eating the locals in his area, went on a road trip out this way, then realized NYr's taste like $hit and the berries tasted better.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Baaaahahahahaha. Dudes are funny.
Maybe it was the Beast Of Bray Road, he got tired of eating the locals in his area, went on a road trip out this way, then realized NYr's taste like $hit and the berries tasted better.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Yeah....That thing bit me once....Poor thing laid around for a week licking his a** just trying to get the taste out of his mouth..

• Haha 1