Rage Broadhead......Again

Lawdwaz

I hate to do this as I know it's been beat like an old rug but..........It looks like I'll be using the Rage 100gr Hypodermic again this year.  I switched to them half way through last season and I'm willing to continue.  Any new users of them this year or folks leaving them and going another direction?

I switched back to muzzy fixed 3 blade. I had only one instance with a rage where it appeared the broad head didnt deploy fully and was hung up on itself. That was enough for me to switch as I like to maximize every kill opportunity. I will say rages are devastating with the hole they leave and blood trail is amazing.

i used the rages for a couple years - but hated that the blades kept falling out of the bands.  Walk thru brush look in quiver and two blades sticking out, sit in stand and brush the arrow against the rest..a blade falls out.  PITA - dont want to have to be sure the blades are in when i go to shoot.  Switched to the Grim Reaper Whitetail special and love them.  

exit wound on doe at 30 yards! 

2018 doe Madison.jpg

• Like 1

Im a Rager! lol. Definetly not going another direction until they give me a reason to. I Have used them since they came out, and never had an issue with any. Probably have helped me a time or two with some shots that were off by a couple inches. I've used the Hypos for 3 years now, IMO its Rage's best head. Very strong, very sharp tip, perfect "slip cam" design with very minimal energy loss. 

I bought the hypodermic +p this year to try out. Ill be carrying 3 of them and 3 of my no fail NAP slingblades. I was 2/3 with the originals hypodermic 2 years ago but smacked a shoulder and they scared me for a bit, hope the +p is better as it appears to be for my setup.

I have had great success with the rage hypo.  Huge holes.  Never an issue on not performing properly.  I do check the head when nocking the arrow to may sure its tight in the shock collar and I shoot 82lbs when hunting with the compound for whatever that is worth.

Muzzy Trocar here, very sharp and have always passed through especially shoulder blades... I am considering the grim reapers based on their awesome reviews.  I have used Rage but never had the chance at a deer.. I see like 1 in 10 or 20 reviews say it failed and I was sick of messing with the blades and ring.. 

• Like 1

Larry PM me your address I’ll send you mine . I think I bought two,three packs,killed a buck,with one a couple years ago, then went back to Stingers .

I shoot low poundage , so they’re not the best for me .

• Thanks 1

I will never use a Rage again, ever! The blades kept popping open on me. I walk in to the stand get an arrow out and the blades are open. What finally finished it for me was sitting in the stand for a few hours one day and it was windy and I looked over and the blades were open again, just from hanging there, and I know the were set when I hung the bow up. I climbed out of my stand went to Dicks and bought some Grim Reapers and have never looked back. 

I have seen that same complaint over and over about Rage through the years now, although I here they are better then they were back then. I don't see myself ever changing after using the Grim Reapers now. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 6:21 PM, DanielT said:

Love the rage...too much money
I found the NAP...slingblade works the same with no rubber o rings
And got them on dicks clearance rack for 14 dollars for 3
I bought all seven packs...hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Slingblades are a steal. I have tons of them and always carry a few. 

i still use the original titaniums.  they have the O-ring. after a while the oring will just get deformed. just rotate it or put a brand new one that comes with the heads on and you're good to go.  at first i used double sided fletch tape barely coming around and back together. not needed though. they've worked fine without it for years now.

Switched to muzzy 90gr. 4 blades after I saw a friend shoot through my target every shot when my mechanicals stopped half way. Smoked a bunch of deer with them. Have shot right through the scapula bone at 42 yds. Also killed 4 deer with the same head with blade changes until the last shoot through buried it into a tree.