Rage Broadhead......Again

Lawdwaz

That head looks good.  New style rage or something else?  The hypos I have looks slightly different.

I believe those are the newest Rage “Trypan” heads. Was just looking at those in Walmart earlier tonight. Look nice but I’m not liking the $50 price tag.

I’ve shot rage for the last 10 years but I’m thinking of giving something else a try this year. Haven’t made up my mind on what that will be yet though

5 hours ago, moog5050 said:

That head looks good.  New style rage or something else?  The hypos I have looks slightly different.

Yes, new rage trypan hypodermic, the blades are a bit more swept back than the hypos. If you want a photo I can put them side by side with the hypos, and hypo. +p. They’re titanium this year and the collar is slotted with only 2 tabs so it’s impossble to put on wrong.

I will never use a Rage again, ever! The blades kept popping open on me. I walk in to the stand get an arrow out and the blades are open. What finally finished it for me was sitting in the stand for a few hours one day and it was windy and I looked over and the blades were open again, just from hanging there, and I know the were set when I hung the bow up. I climbed out of my stand went to Dicks and bought some Grim Reapers and have never looked back. 
I have seen that same complaint over and over about Rage through the years now, although I here they are better then they were back then. I don't see myself ever changing after using the Grim Reapers now. 

Hunted with them 40 days a year for a decade and have had a blade pop out like twice from going through brush. Not sure what you guys do with these lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Hunted with them 40 days a year for a decade and have had a blade pop out like twice from going through brush. Not sure what you guys do with these lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same, I have them in a quiver with no foam, I don’t think I’ve ever had a blade pop out and I’ve gone through some serious shit.

On 8/29/2018 at 8:13 PM, Stay at home Nomad said:

Larry PM me your address I’ll send you mine . I think I bought two,three packs,killed a buck,with one a couple years ago, then went back to Stingers .

I shoot low poundage , so they’re not the best for me .

I got the package today, thank you to you and Moog.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Sounds like the o-rings were never installed.

The o-rings were installed. They just never stayed close. I read some people said to take the o-ring off and put it on again, change the o-ring, I did all that and still they opened up. My father had the same problem.

In fact when I bought the Grim Reapers the reason I bought them was because there was another customer there looking at stuff and he saw me pick up the Reapers and he said that he had them and he loved them. I said I was switching because of the problems I have had with the Rage heads and he said that's why he switched too.

24 minutes ago, wfmiller said:

The o-rings were installed. They just never stayed close. I read some people said to take the o-ring off and put it on again, change the o-ring, I did all that and still they opened up. My father had the same problem.

In fact when I bought the Grim Reapers the reason I bought them was because there was another customer there looking at stuff and he saw me pick up the Reapers and he said that he had them and he loved them. I said I was switching because of the problems I have had with the Rage heads and he said that's why he switched too.

That's interesting ,I used them for a few years and never had an issue. Last thing anybody needs during a hunt is faulty equipment. Hope the new ones are trouble free .