Anyone gone to NYS Fair this year ?

Nomad

Wondering if they wand you at the entrance? I’ve carried a pocket knife most every day, since I was ten, just don’t feel proper without one .

Ive snuck it passed many detectors at many places , but not sure if I want to try with Troopers all,over the place . They seldom wand your lower legs / feet , other times I’ve just put it behind my phone , as they ask you to hold your phone and keys in an outstretched hand lol .

Never minded trying to sneak it passed security , don’t  want to mess around with NYSP .

FAQ says “you may be  Wanded .

Thanks 

went on Sunday, no wand.  They will check bags if you have any.  Had pocket knife, it wasnt an issue. I did notice the guy giving me a good look probably to see if I had anything printing around my waist perhaps but a friendly hello always help

• Like 1

Thanks , haven’t been in years , all I remembered was NYSP all over the place .

Ill drop my SAK in my pocket and enjoy the day. 

Wife gew up on a farm,,4H girl, she wants to see the horses and such .

Any food recommendations ?

I watched a dairy calve dropping. I think they are up to 20 or so; its also live on you tube. Makes me miss my cows.

Lots of wine slushy places I thought; I don't do fair type stuff much and never thought that would be popular?

Didn't really eat much......sweet potato fries were good, found a place serving Smirnoff ice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Thanks , haven’t been in years , all I remembered was NYSP all over the place .

Ill drop my SAK in my pocket and enjoy the day. 

Wife gew up on a farm,,4H girl, she wants to see the horses and such .

Any food recommendations ?

lost of disappointing over priced no flavor fried junk, on the good side was the BBQ place (associated with the well know Dinosaur BBQ) by Chevy court on corner of Niagara St & Onondaga Ave was good. next to it in the Dairy Bldg was the best soft serve ice cream cone from Byrne Dairy farm 2 for $5 was amazing (black raspberry!, vanilla, choc) 

I live 10 minutes from it so yea I go every year. Have some good free concerts at Chevy Court. People watching is always great, better than Walmarts lol!

Lots of fried junk but there are quite a few decent treats. I always need to get a big pile of the slinky like sliced potatoes all fried up with some vinegar on top. Had a Bacon Bomb last year that was good, not healthy lol. Maple cotton candy is another must and the long fried dough sticks still warm …..