My super cheap trail markers

Bought the plastic cloths pins  for like $3 for 72 , then bought a roll of reflective tape for like $3. Both were bought from Walmart . Cut the tape into strips and I super glued them on just to make sure the tape  did not come off.. 

BBEADF30-3B49-4F26-BDF2-E29EF5B138DE.jpeg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Rob... said:

That's a great idea thank you for sharing. Seems like it will work better then the surveyors tape for sure, and better then those glow in the dark thumb tacks that work for a year.

Thank you sir.

forgot to say the reflective tape is in the automotive section.. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Maybe so, but theres something to be said for making something yourself. I love learning new DIY stuff.

10 minutes ago, Steve D said:

$4 for  10 isn’t a lot, but I got 72 with reflective tape on both sides for $6 .. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, First-light said:

I like them but just think they will fall off and end up in the woods forever. 

You think so. I figured to clamp them on branches. Well I will give them a test run this year to see how they do ..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

ive never used a trail marker. but my friends cant find some of my stands so i broke down and put some up this year.. idk if its worth the effort .. if you cant find the stand then dont hunt it.....lol

Better than having them wander all over stinking the joint up..........

Nothing worse for me than over shooting a stand by 30 yards in the dark during bow season and then figure out I'm standing in a shooting lane. 

• Like 3

Ok I'll admit, one time while going to a stand I hung the yr before and hadnt hunted out of it yet, I couldn't find it to save my life, I sat against a tree until it was light enough to see it right in front of me.

• Haha 1

This is a super neat, novel DIY idea!!! Wonder if you can really see these at 30yrds when you need to make a snap yardage judgement, esp early or late shooting hours? Trail makers, hell yeah! Yardage markers,...maybe after leaves have all fallen. Sticking with my surveyor's tape streamers for yardage markers.

Edited by nyslowhand

They look like they’ll blow off the first storm. I’ve used these for ever, I have these sticking to trees miles back in the ADK’s marking water crossings and other landmarks. 2$ for 50, Last forever, super cheap and can see them for a long ways off! I keep them in a pill bottle in my fanny pack with some cotton so they don’t make any noise. 25-30 fits in a Tylenol bottle perfect!04271f5fa20bfa3cc9062bd021850725.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

They look like they’ll blow off the first storm. I’ve used these for ever, I have these sticking to trees miles back in the ADK’s marking water crossings and other landmarks. 2$ for 50, Last forever, super cheap and can see them for a long ways off! I keep them in a pill bottle in my fanny pack with some cotton so they don’t make any noise. 25-30 fits in a Tylenol bottle perfect!04271f5fa20bfa3cc9062bd021850725.png

Not sure how you figure they will blow off, have you ever seen or used a cloths pin ? I remember my mom used to leave the old wooden ones on our cloths line in all seasons. Can’t ever recall them being blown off.. 

Not sure how you figure they will blow off, have you ever seen or used a cloths pin ? I remember my mom used to leave the old wooden ones on our cloths line in all seasons. Can’t ever recall them being blown off.. 

On a soft rope yes, on a hard slippery branch I don’t think they’ll hold near as well.

On 8/29/2018 at 10:40 PM, zag said:

Ok I'll admit, one time while going to a stand I hung the yr before and hadnt hunted out of it yet, I couldn't find it to save my life, I sat against a tree until it was light enough to see it right in front of me.

Ive done that a lot. I had a stand at an old spot that I could never seem to find, id wander around until I stumbled upon a bucket and got my bearings. If anyone ever moved that bucket id never find that stand again

I also prefer the reflector thumb tacks.  I prefer the silver ones too, because in daylight you don't notice them, so people don't steal them or mess with them.  I have some trails that have been there for a decade.  They last.

I like the white ones better as well. I like the fact that i can put them at the base of trees so I don’t have to swing my light around to find them.