Heavist deer ?

Hunter007

Anyone know what is the heavist deer ever harvested in NY ?
And what's the  heaviest ever in north America  ? 

Not sure, but definitely over 200lbs for a whitetail in NY. Over 300lbs probably in Canada for a whitetail.

Mule Deer definitely Over 300lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not sure, but definitely over 200lbs for a whitetail in NY. Over 300lbs probably in Canada for a whitetail.

Mule Deer definitely Over 300lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw some storys  about 400 plus deer on the internet but dont know if those storys are verified .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

I agree with Biz here...I would believe 400 lbs, honestly, probably on a rare occurance though.  I got a deer in the Southern tier that was 175 lbs dressed, and that is in an area with ZERO agricultural fields of Sullivan County.  Can't imagine deer that live on ag fields for years, and ghosting into an old age deer.  I feel I have heard of 300 pounders, but no first hand experience,  just thinking out loud here....

Edited by Bionic

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Are PA chest measurements legal documentation in New York for live weight ?^_^

yeah , I don't know but I got that off the internet[I think this site] well the guys I hunt with thought it was bs and convinced me too .Well one deer we got was a nice size  so I measured his chest and I think if I remember it was 43'' and it said on the chart the deer should weigh 182 lbs, dressed Well i'll be damned we put him on the scale it was 174 lbs well close enough .I didnt think it was that heavy but man it was hell getting him in the car[I pulled him down the hill w/ my atv to the road then went and got the car

One from Ontario weighed 431 dressed...another, I think from Minn or Wisc. weighed over 400 dressed.. The Hinckley buck from Maine weighed 355 after 3 or 4 days of hanging..

In  over 50 years of hunting down here along the Pennsyltucky border, the heaviest buck I have ever seen ON THE SCALES  weighed 185 dressed, and he was killed in early bow season and was loaded with fat..

50 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I've seen a few 220-230s dressed and that would be pretty close to 300 on the hoof. Not sure what the biggest NY buck ever is but its over 300.

I have no idea but when you here storys about 400  plus deer with no  verification It  starts to go into the  realm of Bigfoot storys 

Or maybe not 

Wikipedia 

Says this 

Minnesota and Ontario. In 1926, Carl J. Lenander, Jr., took a white-tailed buck near Tofte, MN, that weighed 183 kg (403 lb) after it was field-dressed (internal organs and blood removed) and was estimated at 232 kg (511 lb)

maybe a fenced  farm  raised deer ?

who knows .

I know one thing was alot easier to trick people way back in 1926 .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know if the NY Big Buck Club records include weight?  The biggest deer, by far, that I ever saw was a buck taken in Webster, NY about 30 years ago.  It was a real freak, an eight pointer with a huge wide rack that had a body like a cow.  I was told it was in the NY Big Buck Club.  I don't know the official weight of that deer but I would believe close to 300 pounds.  Since most everyone field dresses their deer, there is probably not a definite answer to this question.

jperch

nothing , I searched all over the place all they talk about is antlers. when I was younger Maine had big body deer my dad hunted there a few times .Wisconsin always had big deer ,Georgia too [cause when they restocked their herd the got the deer from Wisconsin].Well like my dad use to say you cant eat antlers ,but nowadays its all people talk about . When I go to the shows that's all they show and talk about is how big the antlers are .The only exception are the Benoit  family in Vermont and parts of maine they hunt they always had huge deer[body size]. If you want big deer the place was and always will be the Adirondacks.My uncle owned a motel in whiteface mt and I seen some huge deer up there .Big body deer and antlers the bases as thick as your wrist I kid you not,But few and far between . 

48 minutes ago, jperch said:

Does anyone know if the NY Big Buck Club records include weight?  The biggest deer, by far, that I ever saw was a buck taken in Webster, NY about 30 years ago.  It was a real freak, an eight pointer with a huge wide rack that had a body like a cow.  I was told it was in the NY Big Buck Club.  I don't know the official weight of that deer but I would believe close to 300 pounds.  Since most everyone field dresses their deer, there is probably not a definite answer to this question.

jperch

no, sorry for the rant but I looked and looked all they say are the antler measurements

On 9/1/2018 at 3:38 PM, Storm914 said:

Anyone know what is the heavist deer ever harvested in NY ?

And what's the  heaviest ever in north America  ? 

All I know is the heaviest I've killed.  Although this has been posted here before, I'll do it again......

Scale:

DnWuuva.jpg

Deer:

CGdoCBq.jpg

No picture of the scale for this one but he was 203 or 204lbs:

NXn76yh.jpg

• Like 2