What's Going On Today For You?

Lawdwaz

Not much for us at this point.......Pretty sure we are going to remove a big arborvitae (I think that's what it is?) that my old neighbor planted 10 years ago on the property line!  I mean RIGHT in the middle.  We let it go then and then they moved and the new owners don't want to maintain it and neither do we.  I asked him if it'd be ok if we got rid of the entire mess and he said fine.

Then maybe later if we have any steam left we might go shopping for a new TV............or maybe not.

Pretty hot & humid so hopefully we can make quick work of the landscaping.

How 'bouts you guys & gals, what's on tap for today??

3 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Not much for us at this point.......Pretty sure we are going to remove a big arborvitae (I think that's what it is?) that my old neighbor planted 10 years ago on the property line!  I mean RIGHT in the middle.  We let it go then and then they moved and the new owners don't want to maintain it and neither do we.  I asked him if it'd be ok if we got rid of the entire mess and he said fine.

Then maybe later if we have any steam left we might go shopping for a new TV............or maybe not.

Pretty hot & humid so hopefully we can make quick work of the landscaping.

How 'bouts you guys & gals, what's on tap for today??

Larry No Labor on Labor Day

• Haha 2

I forgot about "back to school"..............not an issue for us anymore, daughter is a senior at UB and is self sufficient for the most part. :)

Time to go hit the bush; I just watched the end of the (DVR'd) Southern 500 from last night.

Back in a bit................

• Like 1

Taking the kids to my nieces bday party. Depending on how long that takes maybe clean out the garage later. Wife just went to her parents to take her father to the hospital he had his hammock connected to a tree a the kids play house the heavy amish built play house tipped over and landed on his arm

So far carried this along a bean field and into the thicket . Two trips only took an hour of carring .

Another hour of final assembly and some trail clearing .

off to kill some mice in the hut, then home 

ADA09A21-E1FA-4541-A1C2-804DD7D372BE.png

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 4

Fixed up a blind this morning with Jdubs over to lake property. Home now. Going to take the wife to pick up a couple of things for later. The kids and grandkids are coming over for a cookout. Then back to work in the morning. Been a nice quiet, ten day vacation!

• Like 4

Im doing absolutely nothing today other then going in the pool. Saturday i had to install a new washer and dryer, connect new gas line, new water lines, stack the washer and dryer, new shelves in laundry room, flush out the duct work, add new duct. Then yesterday  i did a job for my neighbor, clean out their over grow yard,  Gave the sawsalll a good workout, trim some bushes and pull a ton of honeysuckle vines. When all was said and done i filled up 17 of those large black contractor bags and 3 large bundles  of wood. Thank god my 14 yr. Old  son helped with carrying them all outside. Had to go up one flight , carry through their house then back down the front steps to stack them. Thats why im doing nothing at all today!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm sitting in the living room ac on, reading what everyone else is doing, so i guess I'm doing nothing! 

I was going to go out and try to put up a couple of stands but my lazy butt decided it's too hot out! I did rebuild the seats on 2 stands so they should be more comfy, but It's too hot in the shop to do any more work.

• Like 1

Just finished spraying 2 more plots that I plan to put winter rye on.  It’s very rocky and the soil is not great, so going to build it up for a few years.

Going to try to put together 2 tree stands somewhere in the shade.  There is a nice breeze, so as long as I’m not moving too hard or too fast, it’s not horrible. Definitly planning on a nap sometime today too. 

30 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I'm sitting in the living room ac on, reading what everyone else is doing, so i guess I'm doing nothing! 

I was going to go out and try to put up a couple of stands but my lazy butt decided it's too hot out! I did rebuild the seats on 2 stands so they should be more comfy, but It's too hot in the shop to do any more work.

Trust me, it’s dangerously hot outside.  Don’t do it.......

We got the arborvitae cut and out also a small bush pretty quick but I didn’t feel good afterwards.  It only took about 90 minutes but between the houses and in the sun it was brutal. Long pants and leather gloves.......

Stay cool my friend, drink a beer and chill out.  

Great start to the morning with grampy doing some blind work and sightseeing.  I'm getting pretty excited for the upcoming deer season!   Only 2 months til xbow opener. 

The rest of my day will include burning meat and sipping a cold beer or two.  The real party comes at 8 am on Wednesday when my daughter goes back to school! :haha:

• Like 3