Left-handed Rem 700 .270?

I still don't have a bolt action rifle and came across this at a shop. Some age showing on the stock and as near as I can tell from the serial number it was made in 1984.

Hard enough to find anything that caters to the sinister side so this caught my eye. $700 with scope (didn't notice which scope).

Opinions?

• Like 1

My hunting partner has one, in the "right" hand version. From around the same age. His is a tack driver, with a Nikon scope mounted. Very accurate out to 200+ yards. He's dropped a good amount of deer with this set up.

If the one you are looking at has quality glass and is in decent shape I'd say $700 is a fair price.

Without seeing it, it sounds like a fine deal.  The scope could be junk, so what?

If you can get the seller to knock $50 off it'd be an even better deal...........I've had one LH.270 BDL and I sold it back around 1994 to fund a LH KS .280.......two guns I wish I still had!

Can buy a new one for that price and pick out your own glass. Or even look at a savage with scope for a lot less.  Unless that's the one your really looking for seems a bit much to me.  https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/remington-700-sps-270-win-bolt-action-rifle-left-handed

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Pics would help,  scope info too. How long is a piece of string?

Here's a 85' LH BDL Blued w/ sights that is in great shape for comparison....

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/remington-rifles-700/remington-700-lh-bdl-270-exc-cond-.cfm?gun_id=101085993

There's usually some wiggle room.^_^

Good seller too, never has junk (done business with him several times).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Pics would help,  scope info too. How long is a piece of string?

Here's a 85' LH BDL Blued w/ sights that is in great shape for comparison....

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/remington-rifles-700/remington-700-lh-bdl-270-exc-cond-.cfm?gun_id=101085993

There's usually some wiggle room.^_^

Good seller too, never has junk (done business with him several times).

That's a very nice looking rifle.....

So yes, depending on the scope the OP could be have a decent deal at $700 or a bit less. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 6:23 PM, left field said:

I still don't have a bolt action rifle and came across this at a shop. Some age showing on the stock and as near as I can tell from the serial number it was made in 1984.

Hard enough to find anything that caters to the sinister side so this caught my eye. $700 with scope (didn't notice which scope).

Opinions?

Buy it?

On 9/12/2018 at 10:23 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Buy it?

No. Second thoughts and left the country for a fishing trip. I may swing by the shop next week. Though as we were driving home (16 1/2 hours ... damn) we stopped at the LL Bean flagship store (cool place) and they had another used 700 BDL in 7mm. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.

As we were driving through NB we passed a convoy of pickups trucks with NY plates that had five moose racks and some very large coolers in the truck beds.

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...