Wildwood Parking

Bobonli

Can someone help reconcile the seemingly contradictory signage along Sound Ave, please.

I was out scouting today and checked out parking spots 2,3,4 clearly marked with DEC “Archery Hunting Only” signs and the number of the spot. Not twenty yards away, on the next closest pole, was an orange “Restricted No Hunting” sign. Both signs were in front of the same field(s). This seems contradictory!

i went back into the park and asked a park employee who said he thought the “No Hunting “ signs are only out there for the summer and they are removed once the season starts. I also asked a State Park cop who said he didn’t know anything about the parking or hunting regulations. 

I have a DEC permit for hiking, hunting etc so the parking regulation I think I understand ( you’re allowed to park there during the archery hunting season).  I don’t understand the “No Hunting” sign posted next to the Archery Hunting sign at the designated parking spot. 

Thanks

I’ve been “over thinking” this according to the DEC Police. I finally made contact with someone familiar with the signs. The parking and archery signs are just that: parking spot for archery hunters only. 

The Restricted sign is to warn you not to hunt that field. Hunting only permitted inside the park, which I knew to begin with.