Chupacabra?

Bolt action

27 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Send the picture to the DEC, and ask if it would be ok for you to kill it and what can be done about getting a year-round open hunting season on the coyote in NY.     

Dec ain’t going to open a 365 / day season upon a few pics of mange.   And that’s one ugly critter ! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Dec ain’t going to open a 365 / day season upon a few pics of mange.   And that’s one ugly critter ! 

On top of the recent human and pet attacks, this just might be the straw that breaks the camels back.    I would be interesting to hear their reply on "If it would be ok for you to kill it ?"    The SSS crowd always comes out at times like this.   

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

On top of the recent human and pet attacks, this just might be the straw that breaks the camels back.    I would be interesting to hear their reply on "If it would be ok for you to kill it ?"    The SSS crowd always comes out at times like this.   

Why turn this thread into something is isn't at this point. 

• Like 1

So what has mange have to do with a 365 day season on coyotes. Just to let you know mange is caused by mites so do we need a year round season to hunt mites. I can come up with better reasons for year round season on coyotes than mange. Mange will kill them sooner or later.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Larry said:

So what has mange have to do with a 365 day season on coyotes. Just to let you know mange is caused by mites so do we need a year round season to hunt mites. I can come up with better reasons for year round season on coyotes than mange. Mange will kill them sooner or later.

The more animals there are around, the more likely it is that any disease will spread.   Mange might not be an issue with people but rabies certainly is.   A year round open season on coyotes would make it easier to get numbers under control.   Are you for or against it ?   As far as I know, there are no restrictions on when you can kill mites, so have at it if you are worried about mites.  

Personally, I am for a year round open hunting season on coyotes in areas where deer hunting is allowed, but against it in areas where no deer hunting is allowed.  I live in such a "border town" so I am personally effected by this issue. I often have to dodge deer, on my way to and from work, while driving thru a "no-hunting" town.   At home, where most of my family's protein comes from venison, we are allowed to hunt deer and I could do without the coyotes.  

So, while I am on the fence, my leaning is a bit towards the year-round state-wide open season.  I have become very adept at dodging the deer and I would appreciate the reduced four-legged competition for the delicious venison.    

A year round open season on coyotes would make it easier to get numbers under control.

I have become very adept at dodging the deer and I would appreciate the reduced four-legged competition for the delicious venison.    

Coyotes can't be controlled by hunting.

Last season 203,427 deer were harvested in NYS. I'm sure that number would almost double if you tally the unreported kills. With those numbers NYS will not likely take pity if you have an unfilled tag or 2.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk