Colin Kaepernick and Nike

This “He sacrificed everything for his cause” narrative is such a crock. He lost his job long before he “took a knee”. If there’s one thing we know about the NFL it’s that if you can play, there’s nothing you can do off the field that will cost you your job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This “He sacrificed everything for his cause” narrative is such a crock. He lost his job long before he “took a knee”. If there’s one thing we know about the NFL it’s that if you can play, there’s nothing you can do off the field that will cost you your job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

True and false.  

Your comment on if you can play there's nothing you can do off the field that will cost your job couldnt have been said better.  

But kap was kneeling way before the media shed light on it.  And he never openly complained about his job. Im a niners fan so i know he didnt start kneeling once his job was in jeopardy.  

People cutting up nike apparel? Lol.  Give it to a homeless vet or donate to charity before you do that.  

Gotta give nike some credit.  They are playing the free market how they see fit.  They know the risk and reward associated with this type of move.  This is the way capitalism works.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

True and false.  

Your comment on if you can play there's nothing you can do off the field that will cost your job couldnt have been said better.  

But kap was kneeling way before the media shed light on it.  And he never openly complained about his job. Im a niners fan so i know he didnt start kneeling once his job was in jeopardy.  

People cutting up nike apparel? Lol.  Give it to a homeless vet or donate to charity before you do that.  

Gotta give nike some credit.  They are playing the free market how they see fit.  They know the risk and reward associated with this type of move.  This is the way capitalism works.  

I think its working against them

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/04/news/companies/nike-stock-down-colin-kaepernick/index.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Kaepernick- The real life Al Bundy, Couldn't play football anymore so he stated to sell shoes.

Exactly, except for the two conference championship games and one Super Bowl appearance. And the $40M+ in career earnings. 

Nike is betting there are more people supporting Kap and the NFL that will buy it's crap, then there are people who don't support the kneeling and don't buy it's crap.

It's true they are utilizing the free market here, but they are promoting a myth by doing so.  The whole kneeling protest is based on a myth designed to divide the country (and has gotten a lot of police officers killed) and Nike seems to think that's fine.

I hope more people than not, decide to have a free market impact here, by boycotting both the NFL and Nike, for life.  That's how the free market works to punish leftist corporations that put money into the hands of subversive agendas.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, virgil said:

Exactly, except for the two conference championship games and one Super Bowl appearance. And the $40M+ in career earnings. 

I could really care less who they choose. Their choice or any manufacturers' choice will guide my spending. I couldn't tell you the last time I bought Nike anything for me. I will say that my daughter won't be buying any Nike unless it's her money. To me this falls into the same category that Dicks/Filed and Stream did with the gun issues....chose not to sell AR's and raised the age to purchase to 21. Nike is making a PR bet and time will tell if it pays out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Nike might have just cost themselves some dough.  That’s for sure.  But they did what they wanted.  Cant fault them for that.  Its America.  Now we let the chips fall into place.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Kaepernick- The real life Al Bundy, Couldn't play football anymore so he stated to sell shoes.

Hes not selling shoes.  And if linking up with nike and making a profit in a capitalist society means hes a shoe salesman then idk how that equates to al bundy lol. He is probably in the 1% as far as people who can play football in America.  Lets be real.  He might not be a nfl caliber starting qb anymore.  But he can for sure play football. His resume speaks for itself. 

Edited by diplomat019

2 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Hes not selling shoes.  And if buy being sponsored by nike for millions means hes a shoe salesman then idk how that equates to al bundy lol. He is probably in the 1% as far as people who can play football in America.  Lets be real.  He might not be a nfl caliber starting qb anymore.  But he can for sure play football. 

It was tongue in cheek. What I get a kick out of is his claiming he was black balled. The reports I have seen is that he was offered contracts but they were one year contracts and not for Starting QB money.  I see NFL or other pro sports contracts as a 3 way scale. talent, cost and problems/baggage. when one of the 3 tip the scale more than the others they are out. With his high maintenance and PR issues with many fans weighing against his failing talent  the only way to balance it is low cost. he just has a higher opinion of himself than others have. 

• Like 1

I know what you were saying lol. 

I’m not sure how I feel about his claims about being blackballed by the league. On one hand. He definitely has the talent to be on NFL roster. And by your replies it sounds like you follow football. And I’m sure you know that there were some garbage quarterbacks last year that he would have been an upgrade over.  For christs sake.  Nathan peterman is starting for the bills.

Im not Well-versed in the contracts he was being offered or what he actually was seeking.  But to see someone of his talent not be on the roster is fishy. The reason I say that is because the NFL has no morals. They will give anybody a chance to play no matter how terrible their background is. When Greg Hardy is on NFL roster that will tell you all you need to know.  

I know he worked out for teams and was not offered a contract. And those teams employed far inferior quarterbacks.  Its foolish not to think that teams dont take the public opinion/media/etc into account when offering him a contract.  But like i said earlier.  Greg hardy was employed and  is a true monster.  Kap is not a monster by any means regardless off what you feel about him politically.  Once again, his public service resume speaks for itself.  

• Like 1

No automatic alt text available.
Sherry Potter

Dear Nike,

I want to have a conversation about this hat. It's over 13 years old. I don't remember when I bought it exactly, I don't remember where I bought it. But what I do remember is why I wore it.

On August 10, 2005, I was a newlywed with two young sons. My husband Tim and I had toasted our one month anniversary the night before, and I was enjoying a rare evening to myself, catching up on reading and relishing the quiet. Until there was a knock on my door. I had no way of knowing that the small act of turning a knob was about to shatter my life into a million pieces. I sat numb and in sheer disbelief as I was told that my husband, while in a foot pursuit and subsequent struggle with a suspect that ended up in the road, had been struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle. He took his last breath lying in the middle of the street. What I lost in that moment is indescribable. I had to watch his mother be dealt the most agonizing blow a parent can face, and I couldn't comfort her because I was in my own hell. I had to find a way to gut my own children in the gentlest way possible, and tell them that this man they had come to love, who they looked up to, who cared for them as his own, would never walk through our door again.

I don't know if you've ever attended a police funeral, but watching grown men who've seen the absolute worst things a civilian can imagine, break down and sob over the casket of their brother is an image that never leaves you. The bagpipes haunt my dreams to this day, but it was the faces of my children, the innocence that abandoned them at such a tender age that brought me to my knees.

I had no choice but to move on. We trudged zombie-like through our days for weeks and weeks on end. I never left the house except to drive the boys to school, or buy food we barely touched. I realized that I had to do something. I had to move my body or I was going to crawl out of my own skin. So I put on the only cap I had and I went for a run. It was short, it hurt and it was ugly. But I felt, just for those few moments on that road, like a normal person. So I kept doing it. I put that hat on and I ran every day. Sometimes I had to stop and sit down because I was sobbing so hard. Sometimes I was so angry I ran until I thought I my heart would stop, sometimes I would just scream over and over again, but it still felt better than doing nothing.

That black cap became a symbol to me, it is sweat stained and it's shape is gone, the buckle in the back barely closes; but that hat represents my family's rise from the ashes. It stands for the strength and the sacrifice we made loving a man who had a job that we all knew could end his life, every time he walked out that door. And it did. And I accept that.

I still wear this hat, I wore it on my run this morning.
And then I heard about your new ad campaign.

Colin Kapernick has the absolute right to protest anything he damn well pleases. I don't dispute that for one second. My father, my husband and many, many friends have all served this country and were willing to fight for his right to kneel. 
But that right goes both ways. I also have a right to express my disgust at your decision to portray him as some kind of hero. What, exactly has Colin Kapernick sacrificed? His multi million dollar paycheck...? Nope, you already gave him one of those. His reputation? No, he's been fawned over by celebrities and media alike. Funny, Tim Tebow was never called courageous when he knelt. 
This man, whose contempt for law enforcement fits him like a...sock, has promoted an agenda that has been proven false time and time again, in study after study. But facts don't seem to matter anymore. This man has thrown his support behind divisive anti-police groups, and donated money directly to a fugitive from justice who escaped prison after killing a police officer. I question the judgement of anyone who would put someone this controversial and divisive at the head of an advertising campaign, but it isn't my company to run.

I don't know if I'll have he heart to ever get rid of this cap, but I will tell you this, I'll never purchase another Nike product as long as I live. You got this one wrong Nike, terribly, terribly wrong.

Sherry Graham-Potter, surviving spouse of Deputy Tim Graham

• Like 3

I know what you were saying lol. 

I’m not sure how I feel about his claims about being blackballed by the league. On one hand. He definitely has the talent to be on NFL roster. And by your replies it sounds like you follow football. And I’m sure you know that there were some garbage quarterbacks last year that he would have been an upgrade over.  For christs sake.  Nathan peterman is starting for the bills.

Im not Well-versed in the contracts he was being offered or what he actually was seeking.  But to see someone of his talent not be on the roster is fishy. The reason I say that is because the NFL has no morals. They will give anybody a chance to play no matter how terrible their background is. When Greg Hardy is on NFL roster that will tell you all you need to know.  

I know he worked out for teams and was not offered a contract. And those teams employed far inferior quarterbacks.  Its foolish not to think that teams dont take the public opinion/media/etc into account when offering him a contract.  But like i said earlier.  Greg hardy was employed and  is a true monster.  Kap is not a monster by any means regardless off what you feel about him politically.  Once again, his public service resume speaks for itself.  

I think Elway came out and said he offered Kap a deal but he turned it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHO CARES! The only reason this butt munch is even still relevant is because people keep bringing him up. He's feeding off rancid publicity, and people don't know enough to shut up and let him fade into obscurity!

If you don't want to see this DB in the news, then stop broadcasting his propaganda! Look up how the www looks at algorithms and web spiders! Every time you bring his name up you give him publicity, and if you think he cares about negative publicity, you haven't been paying attention!

To be real.  Nike isnt catering to you guys.  They probably dont care much for the older white rural male demographic since you arent their consumer base.  Thats just the reality of things.  Maybe you bought a pair of air monarchs and cut the grass with them. 

And rob just laid it out too.  Your constant talking of kap has lifted him to this place. If you despise like you say, stop talking about him.  

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

Your constant talking of kap has lifted him to this place. If you despise like you say, stop talking about him.  

Actually the anti-American media, those in open support for cop killers, the BLM movement for example, are the ones who have thrust this wash-up into the  front lines of the culture war currently on-going. That you think people commenting on these strange events are the cause, shows how little you understand the issues and events of the day

• Like 6

When people discuss this guy, it's most often in response to something he's doing again that people feel needs to be addressed.  The man's a complete fraud, pushing a false narrative, to advance a leftist anti-police agenda.  The data doesn't support their claims, but the media won't discuss the data.  It's not smart to let that type of thing slide.