Ozonics testimonials and reviews please

Thinking of going for an Ozinics... Been considering one for years. Thoughts?

I bow hunt and xbow hunt hard and do MOST of the right things the old school way.. Wash my clothes weekly, get in and out of my stands undetected, play the wind entering the woods, hang some stinkers occasionally, wipe my boots, etc. A couple of my stands I have deer come from all directions... 

• Like 1

I bought one used last year . I went all through bow season without using it ,saw very few deer . A couple weeks in to gun season ,i decided to try it out . By 8:30 the first day using it i had shot a nice 8 pointer . I have no idea if it was because of the ozonics or not but now i have to keep it bringing it along . You'll get a bunch of people saying to hunt the wind ,they either can't tell what the wind is actually doing or have never encountered a swirling wind , both places i hunt at always have swirling winds ,never does it just keep blowing in the same direction.

most people do crazy scent control and then still hop into an odor filled truck. i bought the "ozone go" that plugs into cig lighter. seems to work well. prior to the season i'll get my carpet shampooer and do my cloth seats in the truck. i otherwise haven't used it on clothes. I'll put hunting gear in the truck though while it's running.

Bad for the repository system of humans and animals. O3 (ozone) converts back to O2 (oxygen) rather quickly if allowed to air out good. Ever have the interior of your vehicle cleaned? Ever stay in a motel or hotel? They all use ozone to sanitize. Your alternator and starter of your vehicle generate ozone when used. Lightning generates ozone. That's why the air smells so fresh after a thunderstorm. I wouldn't say don't use it, educate yourself on how to use it safely.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Larry said:

You guys should read the health issues from ozone I would not run ozone in my car.

I have one and I run it when I am not in the vehicle.  Also a lot of car dealers run them in vehicles for new car smell.  But yes when not in vehicle .

GF got me the ozone bag for Xmas. So gonna try it out this season.  Prob use it between the am and pm hunts.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

I have heard both good and bad, about using the ozonics. If something gives you the confidence to hang in there another hour, hey go for it! I have no experience with it myself, but maybe it works wonders? Or perhaps a waste of money, who knows? 

I do all I can to stay clean, with morning showers in scent free soap and deodorant. Clothes washed in scent free soap and rubber Muck boots. My even spray down with a scent killer. 

I hunt a lot of ridges and draws, that have swirling winds and thermals. A lot of thought goes into my set ups. Most days the deer 'may' appear from any direction. But given that days conditions, and where that set up is, I can usually predict where they are "likely' to come from. There is no doubt that my scent has spooked countless deer that I never saw. That's hunting folks!!!

I may even fire up a cig to check the wind!

Still manage to kill a deer most every season. Most all the old guy's that showed me the ropes of deer hunting, smelled like an old goat, and smoked pipes and cigars while hunting. They never wore camo or had any of the stuff available that we have today. Makes me wonder how they ever managed to see a deer, much less kill one! But they killed plenty....

• Like 1

seems deer been killed for eons with out it. indians didnt use scent free soap or ozone but still got close to game ( under 30 yards) and kill it with very primative bows and spears.. waste of money imo. among with most scent eliminators.  play the wind move if you must. how many re ecord bucks were killed with people smoking wearing clothes that were in a wood smoke filled cabin not washed for months at a time... 

Indians also didn't have compound bows and trail cams but we all use those.  The good ole days aren't always the best.  If there is some new equipment that is affordable and seems to make sense why not try it.  It certainly isn't as important as playing the wind and being in the right spot at the right time and knowing how to hunt etc...  But when that deer comes in the downwind side might offer you a shot you might not have had.  These things for scent control are a very small part of any success but can't see where they hurt.  Don't be afraid to try something that is different.  

And Indians didn't exactly hunt like we do. No borders , horseback, driving animals over cliffs etc.  That was to survive and get meat any way you could every day .  Its not a comparison. 

But hunt the way you like. If a person doesn't like to use new techniques it's up to them. But I can't be the old man on the porch that others do.  

And remember, as soon as the Indians got ahold of a rifle they sure didn't go back to a stick and string.  Lol.  

I certainly don't use all the new stuff out there but always find it interesting and am open to checking it out.  And the Indians would've lived a lot better if they had our hunting stuff now. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

51 minutes ago, G-Man said:

seems deer been killed for eons with out it. indians didnt use scent free soap or ozone but still got close to game ( under 30 yards) and kill it with very primative bows and spears.. waste of money imo. among with most scent eliminators.  play the wind move if you must. how many re ecord bucks were killed with people smoking wearing clothes that were in a wood smoke filled cabin not washed for months at a time... 

They also draped a deer hide over themselves ,good luck pulling that off .

• Haha 1

I had been looking at them for years. I bought one last year. I would buy it again. I would say it gives you that extra 5 to 10 yards you sometimes need. Its NOT 100% effective but i had three encounters with mature does walking into my scent zone. They stopped and tryed to smell something. It was the ozone and then went back to feeding or walking. That was enough time to let a small buck trailing come closer. They then finally winded me after a few mins. But if i was looking for a doe I would have got a shot off. And if the buck was bigger i would have had a shot. So to me that proved its worth. But the rest of the time I am always hunting the wind but somwtimes the wind changes or the deer don't follow the script.

Edited by BBDEric

On 9/5/2018 at 11:05 AM, ATbuckhunter said:

Larry is right! Its bad enough that people use it in the open, but in a closed setting its really the worst thing you can do with it. 

On 9/5/2018 at 10:53 AM, Larry said:

You guys should read the health issues from ozone I would not run ozone in my car.

you aren't in your vehicle when you use it. I agree it's bad to breathe in that state, just like a lot of things.  you don't use it all the time either. just to deodorize the truck before the season and maybe part way through.

11 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

you aren't in your vehicle when you use it. I agree it's bad to breathe in that state, just like a lot of things.  you don't use it all the time either. just to deodorize the truck before the season and maybe part way through.

So how do you do it then? Now im curious. 

I have an ozone generator that I use on my hunting clothes.  At least to my nose, it killls odor for the most part.  I still wash them in scent free soap but less often.  

The last thing I want is to lug more equipment in the woods so ozonics is not for me.  If I understand the premise correctly, in an area where you have swirling wind, it shouldn’t work well anyways since it has to be Between you and wind source to work. unless you are constantly moving the ozonics generator for each wind shift it’s only working in one direction   

I am with Grampy, we hunt some areas with swirling winds and erratic Deer patterns.   You do your best and take your chances. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 9:40 PM, ATbuckhunter said:

So how do you do it then? Now im curious. 

my old car the cig lighter worked even with the key off. most cars you leave key in accessory position to keep the car's cig lighter powered. then you come back and check it in a half hour or so. depending on how big the cab is or how much funk you've got going on. doors closed and windows up while it's running.

My brother swears by it. I’m not toting one in the woods with me but if you have the money and think it works it’s working. If the wind changes and you get out of the stand you won’t kill anything, if you have it and stay an extra 10 minutes because you think it’s working then it’s upping your chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk