Cutting Board Material

BKhunter

I'll throw a wrinkle in your thought process but what about getting a piece of Corian? If you can get your hands on the defect pieces they can be had at a decent price or if you know any construction guys perhaps they might be doing a remodel and throwing some out? 

I saved a 36"x24" piece from our kitchen remodel and now use it as our cutting board. 

3 hours ago, Moho81 said:

I'll throw a wrinkle in your thought process but what about getting a piece of Corian? If you can get your hands on the defect pieces they can be had at a decent price or if you know any construction guys perhaps they might be doing a remodel and throwing some out? 

I saved a 36"x24" piece from our kitchen remodel and now use it as our cutting board. 

Kitchen sink cut outs are PERFECT cutting board size. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up making one last year. I wanted something for small game, waterfowl, and deer. The wife got tired of me making a mess in the kitchen so I ended up making one. It's 2x3 and made of 1/2 plywood that I sanded and sealed over a 2x2 frame. It's the perfect size because I can move it and store it easily, it's solid and fits and entire deer quarter, and cleans up easily.