What knife will you be using for hunting this year ?

Hunter007

I have an old Buck 105 I use on deer to open the belly and split the ribs.  I also use it to split the pelvis.  Then I do the fine work with an old Buck 110.  I carry other smaller knives while small game and waterfowl hunting, depending on the game I'm hunting. 

I have more knives than I ever use, but not as many as I want.  I even had a couple of Randall knives I would never use.  One day,  when I came to my senses, I sold them for a good price to a collector who will never use them.

I still have about a dozen that will probably never be used, even though I intended to use them when I bought them.

:rolleyes:

I've been using a J A Henckels for over 30 years and have been very pleased with it while constantly searching for that perfect (for me) deer dressing blade. Last year I think I ended my search. I used a stag handled Grohmann #1 on two deer and now, I think my Henckel will be riding back up in my vest from now on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 12:32 PM, eaglemountainman said:

I've been using a J A Henckels for over 30 years and have been very pleased with it while constantly searching for that perfect (for me) deer dressing blade. Last year I think I ended my search. I used a stag handled Grohmann #1 on two deer and now, I think my Henckel will be riding back up in my vest from now on.

Henckel is on top and Grohmann #1 is in the middle. On the bottom is a Grohmann #3, one of my EDC's.

20180924_092516 (1).jpg

Edited by eaglemountainman