Founder of Kuiu

chrisw

Anyone else read about this? Jason Hairston, the founder of Kuiu and the ex 49'er has died at 47 yrs old. Rumors are circulating that he took his own life, probably something to do with CTE which he was openly suffering from. Never ceases to shock me how someone who seemingly has the world in their hands could go out so young and if it's true, in this fashion. The reality that these are people like you and I and no matter the lifestyle or financial situation are just as fragile as anyone else. Sad situation for sure. He just returned from a trip to Alaska with his son and Donald Trump's Jr also a few days ago. Though we may not know for sure, there seems to be a lot of comments from close family friends about helping people who are visibly struggling with things. A good reminder for all of us I think.... RIP Jason...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I read about it last night on the 'campfire and then on bowsite........certainly terrible news.  Some difficult times ahead for his family, friends and business associates. 

I only have one piece (IIRC) of KUIU gear right now, his Yukon gaiters.  Excellent quality and effective.  I'll think of Jason each time I strap them on, RIP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yup, sad. Lengthy thread on Bowsite about this. I doubt many people on this site even know who he is.

Client I worked for knew him from back when he was with Sitka and I met him briefly when he was in town on a layover. The father of this client is mega wealthy investment guy in NYC and I think there was financial dealings there.

Shame, seemed like nice enough guy.

Edit; heres a nice article about Kuiu and his concept of direct sell...

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/281393

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 1

1-800-273-8255  Suicide prevention hotline, if you are struggling and need help, PLEASE call!  
We all have ups and downs in life but some of us do not handle things the same and we all can have different ways of coping.  If you are struggling please seek help, people do care about you!  

Hits home.  RIP prayers to the family.

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 1