Letchworth

DanielT

Did some scouting on Labor Day. Bumped a couple deer in the river bottom. Left a trail camera to soak. Plan on returning in October to pick it up. Numbers - Not sure what to compare to since still relatively new to the park. I was only there in the middle of the day so tough to say. No plans to stay overnight since I live about 45 minutes drive from the park. I only hunted a couple days in the park last year. Plan to hunt more and hunt deeper this year. Just picked up some new arrows today. Can’t wait for October 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Took a ride around last week.  Still pretty hot and there is a lot of corn all the way around.  Saw plenty of deer in the beans, but hard to get a good estimate bcuz of the amount of corn.   judging from what i saw early this spring we should be in for a good season.. Probly head over Sunday and take a looooooong walk.

• Like 1

Good luck fellas. Used to stay in C cabins( bow ) with about a dozen of us from work , some rented them for two weeks, some of the guys have hunted the park 30 plus years ,so  they had it “down” pretty good .

We’d bring a hauling system ( rope system ) lash the deer to a cart and use a 4 to 1 hauling system the get them up out of the bottom .

Number one rule was don’t shoot a doe or small buck down there .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Trip is a week away...can't wait...been exercising to get ready for the steep hills....
It's not an easy place to hunt....but I have hunted it for 20 years and will continue as it's some of the most beautiful woods you could ever ask to hunt
Good luck men

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the park today with the wife and beagle . 

The C cabins had 5 hanging that I saw, small doe and one good sized buck, body wise , rack so so, from what I could see driving by .

Trucks all over the side of the road, saw a buddies Pathfinder parked along the road .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Enjoy, and good luck !

I really liked going ,we’d have a dozen guys, some who have hunted there 30 years . I’ve never owned a cabin ,so,it was nice to experience “ deer camp .”

Thanks... We have never had a camp either, so C cabins are our camp.we have been going for 10 years or so. 

All of us a year or 2 from fifty and" grew up " (This could be debated) together since before kindergarten.. 

I saw more mature bucks , my 1st year there than I had seen in the previous 20 at home..lol. Even if you cannot get your eyes on one just seeing rubs on the occasional 6" tree gets you excited. 

Oh , and every year I say I'm going to exercise in preperation for the hills....but I dont..;)

Edited by ncountry
Sp
  • Like 2

Heading over Saturday for the afternoon and then all day on Sunday.  Vacation got moved a little and officially starts on Thursday the 1st at noon.  We will be checking into the ole "C" cabins 006 on next Friday and staying thru the 12th.  Home for a few days and then back over on Friday the 16th and checking into the hotel in Mount Morris and staying thru Wednesday the 21st.  Had a great sit last Sunday.  Hopefully the weather holds thru November.  With my luck, it will end up being warm the first week of November as it has done the last few years.  Hope NOT!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks... We have never had a camp either, so C cabins are our camp.we have been going for 10 years or so. 
All of us a year or 2 from fifty and" grew up " (This could be debated) together since before kindergarten.. 
I saw more mature bucks , my 1st year there than I had seen in the previous 20 at home..lol. Even if you cannot get your eyes on one just seeing rubs on the occasional 6" tree gets you excited. 
Oh , and every year I say I'm going to exercise in preperation for the hills....but I dont..;)

Or stuff like this. Looks like I was just a few minutes behind the one who made the last " Wet Spot". Camera on it now. 5ce1c9a40d147fdc770e442fc57a08ed.png

• Like 5

1st sit....Hopng that they start moving this week. Or next will work..

I already walked for a 1/2 hour out of my way by accident on the way in this morning.. We are a week earlier than we normally come and I cannot believe the amount of leaves left on the trees.

15408144582971189703798.jpg

• Like 2

Hunted Letchworth with 2 others Thursday-Sunday. the weather sucked Thurs. and was windy Saturday. Friday was o.k. and Sunday morning was perfect weather. I spent 12 hours in a tree total and saw zero deer.My buddy did the same and saw zero deer. The other friend of ours saw 1 buck and 2 doe. I am disappointed but that is the way it goes.Better luck next time.

Hunted Letchworth with 2 others Thursday-Sunday. the weather sucked Thurs. and was windy Saturday. Friday was o.k. and Sunday morning was perfect weather. I spent 12 hours in a tree total and saw zero deer.My buddy did the same and saw zero deer. The other friend of ours saw 1 buck and 2 doe. I am disappointed but that is the way it goes.Better luck next time.

Very slow in some areas and pretty active in others 7290d3e7473111cef056c091f99b52d8.jpg Decent 8 taken Saturday evening and another 8 was taken Friday morning. Deer numbers are down without a doubt.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Very slow in some areas and pretty active in others 7290d3e7473111cef056c091f99b52d8.jpg Decent 8 taken Saturday evening and another 8 was taken Friday morning. Deer numbers are down without a doubt.

Great buck FSW, love the gnarly bases. Details of the hunt?

Edited by The_Real_TCIII

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

Well dammit I still want details!!

I could be wrong be he always talks about hunting truly mature bucks.  That's a nice borderline 2-3 year old I think but not what FSW seems to target.  Again, I may wrong.  Won't be first time.