interesting study

G-Man

This article is a great observation. I do have a question though, and I am not being "that guy", it's a legitimate question.

I also have a comment, and they are not meant to start a pissing match, just to see what people think.

So, after reading the article, I noticed this 'study' was conducted in 2002, the article was written in 2012, and now it's 2018. Some pretty big time lapses here. My question is what's the significance for the here and now?

Also, how deep is deep, I have hunted public land a few years ago where I heard others who hunted the same area say they were a mile in from the parking area. My reply for this area is, "Then you crossed a couple roads, probably went through someones back yard, and you are actually hunting that tiny brushy area next to the mall. Didn't the 'Best Buy' sign tip you off?". (Some will know where I am talking about )

The best way to avoid pressure is to really go where no one else wants to hunt. 

It's also quite possible a lot of that un-pressured land has very few deer.  One would have to scout it to see.  I used to be the hunter that went into these places to hunt where no other hunters went, only to find very little sign and even fewer deer.  Always thought that's where the trophy bucks would be, but that never worked out.  Besides, it's a whole different hunt when you need to start hiking in at 4 AM to get there, especially if you plan to come out after dark.  You need to pack everything you might need in with you and be prepared to get back out when you're dead tired or dragging a nice buck.

This type of hunting isn't for the faint of heart.  That's why so few hunters do it.

• Like 3