First year archery for me and excited !

turkeyfeathers

The Real TC gave me a Bowtech Old Glory, Moog sent me arrows, Sodfather a release. Thank you again guys ! Upon being deflated of not being able to draw it back the first time I tried I bought a target and day one I shot 45 arrows or so. I'm now hooked to say the least. Can't believe how easy it was. Playing competitive golf all my life I can relate muscle memory and repetition from golf to archery.   Been shooting a lot. Brother sold his property since last year but a friend is allowing me to hunt at his place. Daughter and I have been helping him out moving blinds and food plots as he's partially paralyzed after a bad car accident a couple of years ago. He was and still is a great hunter despite his now handicap. Have also received numerous invites from you guys and will definitely take advantage of those offers. Thank you ! Been studying up on angles, learning the winds at friends place, gap shooting my pins, holding shot for a long time. Flung darn near 60 arrows the other night. After only setting one ladder stand in my life that I hunted out of most of my hunting career Treeguy was on point of setting it up with me last night. He had it up in no time. We're both pretty comfortable on the location. Lighted nocks, broadheads, attach the quiver Lawdwaz gave me , shoot broadheads, bump my poundage back up to 60 from about 52 are my soon to be things to do. Spring turkey hunting has always been a huge passion and for 30 years everyone says "you gotta get bow hunting if you like the turkey woods1" Well this is my year to pop my cherry. Looking forward to Sodfathers archery shoot Tuesday night. Thank you everyone for encouraging me to do this.

• Like 32

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Yes, in April. Of 50 people or so I was the only one who wasn't 12 or 13 years old. Felt like Billy Madison

Thats Awesome lots of fun too!You and your youngster will be filling the freezer this year!Great target shooting for a new Archer.

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

The Real TC gave me a Bowtech Old Glory, Moog sent me arrows, Sodfather a release. Thank you again guys ! Upon being deflated of not being able to draw it back the first time I tried I bought a target and day one I shot 45 arrows or so. I'm now hooked to say the least. Can't believe how easy it was. Playing competitive golf all my life I can relate muscle memory and repetition from golf to archery.   Been shooting a lot. Brother sold his property since last year but a friend is allowing me to hunt at his place. Daughter and I have been helping him out moving blinds and food plots as he's partially paralyzed after a bad car accident a couple of years ago. He was and still is a great hunter despite his now handicap. Have also received numerous invites from you guys and will definitely take advantage of those offers. Thank you ! Been studying up on angles, learning the winds at friends place, gap shooting my pins, holding shot for a long time. Flung darn near 60 arrows the other night. After only setting one ladder stand in my life that I hunted out of most of my hunting career Treeguy was on point of setting it up with me last night. He had it up in no time. We're both pretty comfortable on the location. Lighted nocks, broadheads, attach the quiver Lawdwaz gave me , shoot broadheads, bump my poundage back up to 60 from about 52 are my soon to be things to do. Spring turkey hunting has always been a huge passion and for 30 years everyone says "you gotta get bow hunting if you like the turkey woods1" Well this is my year to pop my cherry. Looking forward to Sodfathers archery shoot Tuesday night. Thank you everyone for encouraging me to do this.

Let’s look at that quiver Tuesday night. 

Very cool.
Once you experience the craziness that the rut can bring on in the first 2 weeks of November you'll want to spend every possible moment in the stand.
Remember, the first shot is the one that counts. If you shoot to the point of fatigue, that's when bad shooting form/habits start.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Glad I started that thread so we could all talk you into it!!! Lol.  Peer pressure!  

That's awesome.  Your gonna love it and only regret you didnt sooner.  

There's just so many more deer acting natural and warmer and usually right in the rut and pre rut.  Glad to hear this and can't wait to hear how you do.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Tf- Have you seen a rut crazed buck absolutely dogging a doe and foaming at the mouth gasping for air yet during gun? I have had them follow a does trail casually during gun, but wait for that chase period during the bow season.... Those are the few magical days a year I dream about. Wait  its amazing....

• Like 1

Congratulations on taking the plunge. I bet you won't regret a minute of it. It is without doubt one of the prettiest times of the year to be in the woods and if it isn't hot also one of the nicest times. It is the time of year I don't care if I am successful or not. Just all you see makes it all worth it to me.

9 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

bump my poundage back up to 60 from about 52

Don't be in to big of a rush to up the poundage. Some of them very chilly mornings after sitting for a couple of hours it may become difficult to draw that extra poundage. Make sure you are comfortable with it or you may regret it later.

Enjoy yourself and I look forward to hearing of your journey through the best time of the year there is to hunt deer.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kpkot said:

Tf- Have you seen a rut crazed buck absolutely dogging a doe and foaming at the mouth gasping for air yet during gun? I have had them follow a does trail casually during gun, but wait for that chase period during the bow season.... Those are the few magical days a year I dream about. Wait  its amazing....

I've still never experienced any rut activity in 26 years .