Coyotes

GreenDrake

Pulled the cards ftom 5 camers on our 90 acres up north. On every camera therecis a group of 5 LARGE coyotes running together. Never saw that before. On cameras ALL parts if the days...morning...noon...night. Look like the meanest group of dogs too. 3 are definitely big males.  Not a good sight.  I will be set up for bear Saturday morning. Come Oct 1 the foxpro will be with me. 

• Like 3

I wish I had not deleted all of the pictures. Especially 4 of them in one shot. You cannot believe how BIG 3 of them are. I have captured hundreds on camera but never this big. The head and shoulders on one is just huge. 

Im still getting 3 does and 3 fawn on camera but NOTHING like usual. Small spike and a crotch too. NONE of the big deer we passed in last year. Amish just bought the 60 acres across the road. I cannot wait to see what happens now. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Papist said:

worse than coyotes from what I have heard 

I was trying to be subtle in my concern with my straw hat neighbors...but to say I’m extremely unhappy would be an understatement. Our land borders a 200 acre parcel owned by a great guy. He and his friend and me and my nephew are the only hunters within a couple miles. We have been practicing good restraint on young bucks for 15 years and we have all been able to kill very nice deer the last 10 years or so. God knows what is to come. I pray for the best but am not overly optimistic just because of what the Amish did on 2 other farms we used to hunt. If things turn sour I am not going to exercise my purchase option which is sad because this is a property I have savored for 20 years. I put a cash offer on a small ranch house bordering our land to use as a summer retreat and deer camp. Inground pool, etc. Its only 20 minutes from my house to my box blinds. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...