Do you use pee?

Robhuntandfish

Do you use doe urine in your hunting repertoire?  and if it was banned in NY would it effect your hunting ?   I do use it on active scrapes and use a couple of drippers here and there.  I have had a buck follow a line i dragged to the tee right to my stand once.  I dont rely on it or anything but i always carry a can in my hunting pack.  Usually regular urine early season , then doe in heat towards later october/november  when the scrapes are really being torn up.  Have even used it in the stand a few times and would spray the aerosol type a few times in the last half hour of the eve and did have a buck come in once (whether that had anything to do with it or not)  .  But it does seem to fire them up at the scrapes and hopefully gets them to return.  I esp like to use it on a scrape the day before if I am going to hunt that spot the next day.  

• Like 1

I’ve used it for years and have seen it work well on property I’ve hunted in the past. I’ve had my current property for four seasons and haven’t found it to be as effective- there are a lot of deer on this property, especially does, and I think there’s so much real scent on the ground that the bottled stuff goes unnoticed. I’ll still use an estrus scent during the rut. I’m also gonna try Nose Jammer this year during bow season for a better cover scent. 

I’ve had more deer come after i pee in a scrape of out of a tree stand, they walk right to it. A ban on deer urine will work about as good as the ban on baiting, everyone will still use it and just order on eBay/ over state lines.( the same way I get me lead splitshot)

Edited by Hock3y24

Over the years I've used it, with so-so results. Don't use urine based scents anymore, haven't in a long time now. Like others have said, I will occasionally pee in a scrape, so-so results there too for me. 

But Evercalm, as a cover scent seems to work 'when' I use it. Mostly for entering a stand. Have seen many times, deer walk over my trail, and not go to full alert. Even the old doe!!

Ive killed 3 bucks in my life, and all 3 times those bucks were in a b line to my tinks 69 drenched scent wick, ive also missed a couple where there noses were on the ground following the line i walked, because i had dragged a scent drag out with me. If there is a buck in the area, it works. That being said, it has never drawn in a really big mature buck,  so perhaps it works better on younger curious bucks. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Do you use doe urine in your hunting repertoire?  and if it was banned in NY would it effect your hunting ?   I do use it on active scrapes and use a couple of drippers here and there.  I have had a buck follow a line i dragged to the tee right to my stand once.  I dont rely on it or anything but i always carry a can in my hunting pack.  Usually regular urine early season , then doe in heat towards later october/november  when the scrapes are really being torn up.  Have even used it in the stand a few times and would spray the aerosol type a few times in the last half hour of the eve and did have a buck come in once (whether that had anything to do with it or not)  .  But it does seem to fire them up at the scrapes and hopefully gets them to return.  I esp like to use it on a scrape the day before if I am going to hunt that spot the next day.  

Cleaning out my basement the other day I found a 18 year old  bottle of doe piss .

I wonder if its grandfathered in from the ban :)

Personally, after dragging pee all over the woods for a few seasons, I got the sense it was useful for drawing in the young and more dumb beasts, but sent a message to mature animals that they were being hunted in those pee soaked areas. I stopped a few seasons ago. Now I only use home brew cover sent from boiled up acorns. I have being seeing a lot more mature deer. Other factors may also be at work but I don't wanna jinx things now. No pee for me this season

I use Evercalm but it has to be newly opened otherwise it loses smell quick. Buck bomb estrous has worked in the past where my friend or I will stink up the woods on our way in and shoot a buck shortly after.. coincidence maybe... And like others, my own pee in scrapes seems to get bucks coming back at night to hit them even harder. So no, a urine ban wouldn't matter to me.

• Like 1

If you've used it in the past with good results - you'll swear by it!

For me, wish I had the $$ in hand I've spent over the years on Tink's, Code Blue, Buck Magic, scent sticks/wicks, etc & real doe urine. None seemed to work as far as I know while in the stand! But there's a sucker born every minute, I still get 1-2 cans of Tinks aerosol with the hope it'll work...

Edited by nyslowhand