Do you use pee?

Robhuntandfish

I started using pre-orbital scent for mock scrapes this year, and the trail cam pics dont lie, since I started using it I have deer hitting the mock scrapes and using the licking branches 5 times more than before I added it. I use my own pee in the scrapes. During deer season, I use Evercalm on my boots, and a dab on the tree Im sitting in. It seems to work, I havent had any deer spook from it, and some will sniff where I walked through and then continue browsing. As things start heating up at the end of October, Ill use buck urine in drippers on some scrapes. Lasy year was the first for me for that, and the trail cams told the tale. Bucks, younger and more mature, hit those scrapes quite a bit. Once we get into the first week of November, Ill do drags with Code Blue when I walk in, and then hang them in a nearby tree. I killed my archery buck the year before last as he came in from down wind with his lip curled, in the direction of the drag I had hanging 20 yards in front of me. Last year my crossbow buck came through and I had some Code Blue hanging and had done a drag. I cant say if he came in because of it, but it didnt seem to spook him at all.

I rarely used it up until two years ago, and never had any luck with it, but I dont think I was using it properly. All I know is that Ive killed 2 nice bucks in the last 2 years using it.

First off one has to know when to use scent and only use Real scent. Tinks and all these others are not real and do not have the Pheromones that bucks are attracted to during breeding season. Use fresh collected urine and your results will change. Just like everyone talks of Evercalm. That scent is a mixture that comes from real deer on a farm in Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I guess I have to ask: when you harvest a deer and you happen to be using pee or scent, how do you know that the deer wasn't going to be walking by anyway even if you hadn't used the scent. There was only one time that I was pretty well convinced and that was when I used a drag-rag and had a buck walking right on my exact trail in with his nose glued to the trail. That looked pretty obvious. he was making all the same turns and twists that I did when I dragged the rag in. But that is the only time I could say for sure that it worked.

I guess I have to ask: when you harvest a deer and you happen to be using pee or scent, how do you know that the deer wasn't going to be walking by anyway even if you hadn't used the scent. There was only one time that I was pretty well convinced and that was when I used a drag-rag and had a buck walking right on my exact trail in with his nose glued to the trail. That looked pretty obvious. he was making all the same turns and twists that I did when I dragged the rag in. But that is the only time I could say for sure that it worked.

Has to be in the right wing to smell it and be the right scent. If someone knows how to put a video on here I would send them one I took of a buck that about broke his neck turning into the wind to follow a scent trail I put down. Pretty neat to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first buck I ever killed, came into some Tinks on cotton balls in a film canister ( young folks can google that .) Nose to,the ground walked into a winter wheat field in broad daylight . Was greeted with a slug out of a bird barrel .

After that I must have dumped gallons of Tinks in the woods, without repeating that results. 

Havent used any pee in many years now.

2566AEBF-DDD8-499C-B04E-E9849169F143.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

In my experience I haven't seen anything that indicates that any attractant scent that I've ever used was effective. I understand that everyone's experiences are different, and in mine, I'm not convinced that these are with the time, money, or effort. With that said, I'll throw my support along with the others behind evercalm. This stuff works! Similar to some others, I've had deer walk right over my trail and they didn't spook. Now I don't go in the woods without it!

5 minutes ago, skiop said:

So a deer walked by a strange smelling cotton ball hanging on a string and sniffed it. Go figure. I bet if a piece of bacon was hanging there he would have sniffed it too

ive seen more deer walk up to a smushed bannana on a tree or  smeared piece of limburger cheese about 3 ft off the ground. old time showed this to me when i was 15.. i guess thats why they ate limburger and onion sandwiches in the woods.. 

47 minutes ago, skiop said:

So a deer walked by a strange smelling cotton ball hanging on a string and sniffed it. Go figure. I bet if a piece of bacon was hanging there he would have sniffed it too

what's strange about a natural acorn scent?

My nice 3 year old 8 Buck from last season was stopped by some home-brew acorn scent I sprayed in front of my stand.

Never had that happen with mature Bucks when using pee scents

HUNTNY03.thumb.jpg.0f3c9fee9e257c0cc5f9be025a4ff567.jpg

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Papist said:

what's strange about a natural acorn scent?

My nice 3 year old 8 Buck from last season was stopped by some home-brew acorn scent I sprayed in front of my stand.

Never had that happen with mature Bucks when using pee scents

HUNTNY03.thumb.jpg.0f3c9fee9e257c0cc5f9be025a4ff567.jpg

If it wasn't strange smelling how come he didn't eat it