Do you use pee?

Robhuntandfish

3 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

I don't think the goal was to have the buck eat the cotton ball.  I think the goal was to get the buck to stand in a spot where he could be shot and killed.  The picture seems to indicate he was successful.  

Ok. Piss on the ground there.....or leave a piece of bacon

• Confused 1

what's strange about a natural acorn scent?
My nice 3 year old 8 Buck from last season was stopped by some home-brew acorn scent I sprayed in front of my stand.
Never had that happen with mature Bucks when using pee scents

HUNTNY03.thumb.jpg.0f3c9fee9e257c0cc5f9be025a4ff567.thumb.jpg.5aaedf2859553bea4a88939cfe33c726.jpg

Can we get that recipe for the acorn spray? Think you posted your procedure once before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Can we get that recipe for the acorn spray? Think you posted your procedure once before

Very simple:

I gather up a couple pounds of freshly dropped acorns, split them open a little, and them boiled 'em up for 20ish minutes. You then need to strain off and filter the water (I used coffee filters) if you plan to use it in a spray bottle. Grit will quickly clog the spray otherwise. Some folk throw in bits of twigs and pine into the pot. I suspect the best approach is to include whatever exists in the area being hunted.

The resulting concoction is actually quite sweet. I plan a fresh batch soon and will put a camera over the test spray area.

• Like 4

Oh, be sure and keep any home-brew acorn scent in jar in the refrigerator when not in use. It will develop mold if left out at room temps. I brewed a batch today and sprayed in front of a couple of cameras. First time testing it before the season like this. I will report back in a week with results. Last year was my first year trying it out. Smells great! 

Also, I use the metal mesh coffee filters for straining off particulate. Paper filters don't work.

Edited by Papist

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Did the home brew recipe get pulled form the site or is Tapatalk messin’ with my mind?!? Grabbed a bunch of acorns this morning...not remembering the amount of water, length of time, etc

21 hours ago, crappyice said:

Very simple:

I gather up a couple pounds of freshly dropped acorns, split them open a little, and them boiled 'em up for 20ish minutes. You then need to strain off and filter the water (I used coffee filters) if you plan to use it in a spray bottle. Grit will quickly clog the spray otherwise. Some folk throw in bits of twigs and pine into the pot. I suspect the best approach is to include whatever exists in the area being hunted.

The resulting concoction is actually quite sweet. I plan a fresh batch soon and will put a camera over the test spray area.

•  
Edited by turkeyfeathers

Did the home brew recipe get pulled form the site or is Tapatalk messin’ with my mind?!? Grabbed a bunch of acorns this morning...not remembering the amount of water, length of time, etc

Holy crap....now I see it again?!?

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, Papist said:

News Flash - Deer don't eat cotton and you appear to not understand the roll of attractants. Case closed.

Ok. So we are in agreement. It's just a strange unnatural smelling item that peaked his interest. Unless you're claiming deer can identify cotton by sight

• Confused 1