Which hunting weapon and season do you like the best ?

Hunter007

If it is hunting I will most likely enjoy it all, but no doubt there are some species I like getting after better than others. Most small game hunting is what I have always leaned towards because of the long seasons, liberal daily limits, diverse skills, plenty of action along with a huge variety of different hunting implements and weapons that can be used. As the old saying goes "variety is the spice of life"!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

Interesting when I said I like small game hunting just as much as big game I was expecting to be in the minority here .

was not  expecting so many  guys to say the same ,  

I was thinking more guys would say big game and  using  some large bore  rifle  as being there favorite. 

Since open day of deer  gun season is when you usally see more hunters around .

I don't golf and I gave up the scooter after nearly 40 years of riding so hunting is really my only passion these days. I really only hunt deer and to a lesser degree I also enjoy spring turkey season.  I first bow hunted around 2001 or 2002... not sure.  Since then bow season has me addicted.  I still enjoy gun season as well but hunting the pre-rut from Halloween til opening day gun is what I live for.

I prefer rifle but hunting public land and spending way too many frozen days without seeing anything, I prefer bow hunting white tails.  Much more of an adrenaline rush and more often.  And with that, small game hunting with a 22 is tops for me.  I get the rifle, and while not as much of a rush as bow hunting deer, I get a good amount of enjoyment out of it.

• Like 1