Having a difficult time with stainless frying pans

Bionic

Hey guys....

I have Food Network brand stainless pans.  I had read to heat them up, then add some oil, once the oil is heated, add the chicken/or meat.

I can get the meats to not stick, but at first they stick a little, so I add another pinch of oil....

Olive oil in this case, and once meat is completely non-sticking, I lower the heat to desired setting, from medium to its initial heating process.

P.S. I can see this thread derailing, lol.

Food still comes out great in my opinion...pic included

20180911_203647.jpg

Edited by Bionic

Get ceramic coated or even better cast iron. I hate SS pans, even just boiling water for pasta they stain up and pit.

We have SS for the sole purpose of canning these days. We have to stand over the pasta sauce stirring every few minutes or it burns, just for that reason, the olive oil. Butter is even worse because butter burns fast.

8 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Get ceramic coated or even better cast iron. I hate SS pans, even just boiling water for pasta they stain up and pit.

We have SS for the sole purpose of canning these days. We have to stand over the pasta sauce stirring every few minutes or it burns, just for that reason, the olive oil. Butter is even worse because butter burns fast.

I already have these pans though, I want to utilize them lol.  I have a smooth electric range top, otherwise I would use my old cast pan.  Which I could use it on the stove, dissapointing.  

I see like all the chefs on TV use stainless,  so I am hoping I can get some other tips.

I dont have any issues with pasta sauce in these pans, honestly.  Olive oil to saute the onions, and garlic, and add my tomatoes.   Hmmmm.

Thanks Rob.

3 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

The nice thing about stainless steel its easy to clean with steel wool.

I have to be honest here, the first time I ever used one of the small fry pans, I threw a steak on it, without any oil.  Oh my god, lol.  Its still stained.  Haha

8 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I already have these pans though, I want to utilize them lol.  I have a smooth electric range top, otherwise I would use my old cast pan.  Which I could use it on the stove, dissapointing.  

I see like all the chefs on TV use stainless,  so I am hoping I can get some other tips.

I dont have any issues with pasta sauce in these pans, honestly.  Olive oil to saute the onions, and garlic, and add my tomatoes.   Hmmmm.

Thanks Rob.

I was referring to making your own pasta sauce in large quantities for canning. It doesn't take much to burn it in a SS kettle.

Dude, are you really watching TV to figure out what pans work the best? I thought I had you figured as way beyond that. If you are using TV, then that dude selling the air fryer and copper pans would be right up your ally. LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I was referring to making your own pasta sauce in large quantities for canning. It doesn't take much to burn it in a SS kettle.

Dude, are you really watching TV to figure out what pans work the best? I thought I had you figured as way beyond that. If you are using TV, then that dude selling the air fryer and copper pans would be right up your ally. LOL

I saw what ya wrote about sauce...lol.

Oh yes, I have a pen and paper on the couch for wating Guy on channel 36 haha.  Just when you though you had me allll figured out, I threw you for a loop, lol.  I like Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, and its like all you see is stainless.  I swear!  I do like that shoe though....

Copper pans, goooood lawwwwwd! So stupid.

Good stuff xD

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

My brother who runs a kitchen turned me on to stainless. One thing I do is put it in the water and clean it when still hot.

Thank you.

I also put water in it, and let the residual heat from the electric cooktop sort of warm up, and soak while eating.  Although, they are still stained,  which I am ok with, I just have slight sticking issues with only meat at first.

all    pans NOT non-stck need to be seasoned that is put a lite coating of oil canola oil ect… never olive oil and deffently  not the extra  virgin stuff [ sorry Rachel ray] .T hen put them in a 200 deg oven for 30 mins and they are seasoned nothing will stick [well almost anything my wife will prove me wrong] .Cast iron and  woks are a nother story . lite coating of oil an blast them on the stove top ,wash and do it again and again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tommyc50 said:

try that put them in a low oven to season it might take 2xs but once you have them seasoned you'll see the difference 

Thank you.  I had no idea the stainless pans needed seasoning.  I swore the book said nonstick as they are out of the box.  Obviously they are not, I should try seasoning them, shut up Rob...lol.  

Thanks Tommy

Hey guys....
I have Food Network brand stainless pans.  I had read to heat them up, then add some oil, once the oil is heated, add the chicken/or meat.
I can get the meats to not stick, but at first they stick a little, so I add another pinch of oil....
Olive oil in this case, and once meat is completely non-sticking, I lower the heat to desired setting, from medium to its initial heating process.
P.S. I can see this thread derailing, lol.
Food still comes out great in my opinion...pic included
20180911_203647.thumb.jpg.3a7f3a0d565e199cf082cc72d39915bc.jpg
I never got the hang of stainless fry pans, i like my cast iron. The wife likes teflon but the M.I.L. uses freaking metal utensils and scratches the crap out of them. I joust buy cheap ones because we go through them so fast. We do cook rice, pasta, and pasta sauce in the stainless sauce pans. The only thing i can get to fry in a stainless fry pan is bacon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

You are not alone.  I have a couple, but use non-sticks and wooden or plastic utensils instead.  

I feel like we should have a hotline, lol.  You are not alone...sticky pans? Call 1-800-not-alone

I guess I will keep doing, what I'm doing. 

On 9/12/2018 at 11:13 PM, tommyc50 said:

did you try it if they still stick do it again just remember a lite coat of oil let them cool in the oven then wipe them out do it again you'll see they wont stick they'll even be cindy proof[ my wife]

Thanks Tommy, I seriously will try it.  

On 9/11/2018 at 9:27 PM, tommyc50 said:

all    pans NOT non-stck need to be seasoned that is put a lite coating of oil canola oil ect… never olive oil and deffently  not the extra  virgin stuff [ sorry Rachel ray] .T hen put them in a 200 deg oven for 30 mins and they are seasoned nothing will stick [well almost anything my wife will prove me wrong] .Cast iron and  woks are a nother story . lite coating of oil an blast them on the stove top ,wash and do it again and again.

Wash cast iron? Never use soap on cast iron, light wipe with hot water and a smooth cloth, rinse, dry on stove top ( or camp fire ), apply light coat of oil, heat and call it good.

Our wok was a PITA to season, so much so I don't even use it anymore. I get the same results from a pan anyway. LOL