Feeding those in need- We need your help!!!

Hunting NY community,

An opportunity has presented itself to do something good as well as meet one of National QDMA's goals to step up participation in venison donation programs. SO we are moving full steam ahead but I need ALL of your help if you can.

The Venison Donation Coalition (VDC) is a not for profit organization that funds processors when they cut up deer donated to the program. The processors do it for a reduced rate and when it's said and done it cost about $1 to put 4 servings of Venison into programs to feed the hungry in NY. 

Rather than just donating to the VDC we are taking a little different approach to leverage a donation from the branch. We have set up a Go Fund Me  campaign and the branch  will match dollar for dollar,  any donations made to our campaign up to $1,000.   That would be $2,000 and 8,000 servings and lives touched. 

In typical NYS fashion, even though they "Partner" with the Venison Donation Coalition and provide grants for it to operate the bulk of the operation comes from donations. Have you ever been asked while purchasing your license if you would like to contribute to the venison donation program? Well that money goes here. I did not know that and never contributed because I figured it was more money going to the state pockets and  I never bought in to it.  Well know I know. 

Let's do something good. I think $1,000 in donations can be hit and I hope you can help me do it. 

Here is what I need from each of you.  Open this link. If you would like to contribute that would be wonderful. Every little bit helps. What I also need is for you share through your Facebook, email listings and contacts, then ask that they do the same. 

Thank you
Bob (Culver Creek)
  • Like 6

We have only raised $245 so far on this. If any of you can participate it would be greatly appreciated. A Donation of just $5-$10  (when you add in the branch's matching) means 40-80 servings of venison to the hungry. 

Please, at least pass this on through your networks. 

grst-qdma-feed-those-in-need

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Didn't see this before ,done.

Thank you Jeremy. This is organization is the one that recruits and funds the processors. I actually felt a little guilty when I found out that I kept saying NO all those years buying my license. I had no idea what this program actually was. 

• Like 1

Little update. We are up to $860 but a wonderful donor just raised the bar for us.  He was their comment on the Go Fund me page. 

"We'd like to challenge ALL to help get this going ! My Family will Match $400 more donations ! Here's OUR first $100.What a great way to help those in need AND show Sportsmen and women's true colors !!!!"

So since they already tossed in 100 of their 400 match I need to the total to hit $1500 and they will donate another $300. That will give a total donation with match of $2,800. That will process and serve 11,200 servings of Venison. 

Could I get the members here to pass this link to their contacts and see if we can hit this milestone? 

https://www.gofundme.com/grst-qdma-feed-those-in-need