Deer Hunting in Bath area

New York Hillbilly

6 hours ago, New York Hillbilly said:

I'm born and raised in central NY, currently living in Alaska. Looking at possible return because of family and my work would be in Bath. Deer hunting there is? 

Thanks in advance!

Didn’t you buy a gun from me a few years ago??

Thanks all for the input. I would be working for the VA. For those interested in fishing pics and Alaska pics in general I can post some. As for hunting here on the Kenai....it sucks!

Alaska is a huge place and unless you have unlimited time or money, hunting is not what you, or at least I thought it was.  

Nothing like the smell of apples, leaves, the feel of crisp autumn air  and the crunch of deer approaching to make your heart pound with excitement!

Surely a beautiful area and a lot of state land. We bought a small piece of land and built a cabin in 1994 when it was shotgun only. We had many good years and no problem getting doe permits. It seemed as soon as rifle was allowed the hunting went down hill. Low sightings. It's still good, but not like it was. Maybe it's just me. I don't have anything against rifles either and it's probably a coincidence. I was in DMU 8W close to 8T. For example, the current doe tag probability for 8W is medium/none and 8T is low/none. Could be the tough winters? But I thought it would have rebounded by now with several years of limited doe permits.