Giving My First NYS Hunter Education Class

grampy

Giving my first NYS Hunter Education Class tomorrow. 

Going over tonight to get set up.  I'm a little nervous, hope I'm not too boring! I took mine 45 years ago. My old social studies teacher, Ernie Ecker was a hoot! A great guy and gave a course I still remember. 

This is a chance for me to give back, to something I've loved all my life.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grampy said:

Giving my first NYS Hunter Education Class tomorrow. 

Going over tonight to get set up.  I'm a little nervous, hope I'm not too boring! I took mine 45 years ago. My old social studies teacher, Ernie Ecker was a hoot! A great guy and gave a course I still remember. 

This is a chance for me to give back, to something I've loved all my life.

Your doing any new hunter a great service ..... And Thank You for doing it !

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much everyone! Fortunately there will be some other VERY experienced instructors to help dig me out of any holes.

I took my grandson to this sportsmens club two years ago, and sat through the bow and firearms classes with him. I was so impressed with this group, I became a member. Was asked to do a Deer Search seminar for the club, and did that. Got a lot of positive feed back from it, and the senior instructor asked if I'd be interested in doing Hunter Education?  So here I am. The guys were all very supportive at the set up tonight. I'm a bit more at ease, than when I started this thread. So I'll give it my best tomorrow! 

• Like 3

Everything went really well today!  Had a great class, no one fell asleep! They asked some good questions, and seemed to have had everything sink in very well, from their test scores! Had time during break and lunch, to answer many other questions about hunting. My heart melted when after receiving their certification cards, many came up to me to say thanks. I shook their hands, told them they really did awesome. I wished them luck and success, and most of all to enjoy every minute they get the chance to be out there! Huge smiles all around from young and old.

Hope I did my fellow hunters proud. From what I saw today, the future of hunting looks a little brighter.

Back at it again in two weeks! 

• Like 13

I've read a lot of your post on this forum and think you'll be a great instructor. You'll be addressing a bunch of newbies with sponges for their hunting brains! Fill them with your wisdom & vast experience (& safety) to ensure they'll become like you some day!! Great that you can "Pay it forward"!!

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...