In Desperate Need of Region 1C DMP Doe Tag

longislandbowhunter

I really F'ed myself this season. On August 1st I drew a DMP for upstate thinking I would not be hunting on long island until January an would just secure DMPS on November 1st for 1C as

I have always done. I just took my bow class and got my bow privilege, and would like to take does on long island during the month of october. It is rediculous considering they issue bonus DMPs

either way, yet you have to start with the one. I called the local DEC officers and the wildlife office to no avail. There is nothing they can do for me.

Basically, I am here, begging for a DMP for Region 1C. If there is anyone out there who is willing to sign one over, I would be greatly appreciative. I have been asking around the local shops as well. Thank you

so much. I wish I didn't have to resort to doing this. But it was a good excuse to join the forum! Been reading through a lot of good information.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:28 AM, Danny said:

you used both first and second choice for Upstate?

i've always used my first choice for upstate and 2nd choice as 1C since its guaranteed

Hi,

Yes, this is where I screwed up. I didn't plan on evening being able to get into a bow hunting class this fall when I drew tags back on

August 1st.

Next season, I will be doing exactly what you have stated.

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

I'm not sure if they change it,but you could use your bow/muz ether sex tag as long as you shoot does only they'll renew it once you shoot a buck it's void.Like I said i'm not sure if they change the rules,so to confirm it with them.

They will only renew the dmp tag when you shoot a doe. The replacement rage used to allow you to shoot a buck or a doe. Not anymore. Does only on the replacements now unfortunately. It used to be a great incentive to shoot a couple of does and be rewarded with buck tags. Even if they never got filled. I sure wish they would wise up and bring them back. 

• Like 1

They will only renew the dmp tag when you shoot a doe. The replacement rage used to allow you to shoot a buck or a doe. Not anymore. Does only on the replacements now unfortunately. It used to be a great incentive to shoot a couple of does and be rewarded with buck tags. Even if they never got filled. I sure wish they would wise up and bring them back. 

Problem was people were shooting 2 doe and then shooting 4 buck after which wasn’t good for the herd dynamics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Problem was people were shooting 2 doe and then shooting 4 buck after which wasn’t good for the herd dynamics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how you do that, unless you’re also counting using your buck tag and either sex tag. 

If that’s the case,it’s still better than only shooting 2 bucks and no does. 

Regardless on how many bucks get killed, the doe harvest must increase to reduce the population. In order to do that, the state must give an incentive to help the doe harvest increase. 

Just now, NonTypical said:

Not sure how you do that, unless you’re also counting using your buck tag and either sex tag. 

If that’s the case,it’s still better than only shooting 2 bucks and no does. 

Regardless on how many bucks get killed, the doe harvest must increase to reduce the population. In order to do that, the state must give an incentive to help the doe harvest increase. 

When you used to shoot a doe and go in for your bonus tag, they would issue you an either sex bonus tag. So guys were using their 2 doe tags to get 2 more additional buck tags. They got rid of that years ago though. Now they just issue a bonus dmp. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

When you used to shoot a doe and go in for your bonus tag, they would issue you an either sex bonus tag. So guys were using their 2 doe tags to get 2 more additional buck tags. They got rid of that years ago though. Now they just issue a bonus dmp. 

And they need to bring it back to help increase the doe harvest. Since they changed it, the doe harvest has decreased. And the population is growing very steadily. 

1 minute ago, NonTypical said:

And they need to bring it back to help increase the doe harvest. Since they changed it, the doe harvest has decreased. And the population is growing very steadily. 

The biggest problem is that its increasingly harder to hunt on the Island. State lands get hit pretty hard, but the suburbs dont, and thats where the largest increase is coming. 

• Like 1