LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

burmjohn

2 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

I’ve been pulling for ya, how did it go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind thoughts!

I only sat long enough to id some essential trimming so I got down did that and I'm ready for tomorrow AM...altogether it was still 2.5 hours in the 33* downpour.

Here is to hoping!

Edited by OtiscoPaul

49 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If the Red Sox game doesn’t go till 3am again, I’ll hunt tomorrow morning.

If it does head str8 to your blind and take a 3 hour nap...you'll thank me when your buck comes buy at 7:43...set your alarm tone to doe bleat and you're gold.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

I will out in the afternoon,after seeing that monster on Friday my motivation could not be better,especially with the rut just starting here...Things are going to go wild. I also got a report of people seeing a big buck just down the road from my house crossing the dirt road i live on,i think i saw him in August,nice wide rack. I have an idea where to put a stand for intercepting him...once the chase is on.

• Like 1

Sorry late post. Rain lightened in Putnam County around noon and I went out for a slow walk through private. About halfway through my circuit I got to about 10 yards away from a blown down oak and started scanning with binos. When I got up, my next footfall made a large sound cracking a branch and a mature buck that was bedded in the oak's branches sprung up and trotted off. I had no clue he was there (hapless woodsmanship strikes again) but by the look on his face he was just as surprised. Tried to grunt him to stop but he was having none of it. I think it was large 9 that has been hanging out here lately. First time I have seen him live if it was. He was bedded five yards away from me.

Great experience, know what I'd do different next time and at least I know an area he is bedding in.

Good luck to all tomorrow. Rain is supposed to stop around here tonight. Should make for better conditions.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Was this deer found? Did I miss post? 
Yes it was indeed found, but unfortunately by the coyotes.
When I showed up a few hours later to track her the coyotes were yipping & howling down on the hillside where she went after the shot. I tracked her to the spot where she laid down, but it seems like the yotes jumped her and she boogied outta there. I circled the area for hours last night to no avail.
It sucks, but I will have retribution soon since I'm prepping my coyote traps tomorrow morning.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, PREDATE said:

When I showed up a few hours later to track her the coyotes were yipping & howling down on the hillside where she went after the shot. I tracked her to the spot where she laid down, but it seems like the yotes jumped her and she boogied outta there. I circled the area for hours last night to no avail.
It sucks, but I will have retribution soon since I'm prepping my coyote traps tomorrow morning.

Get those bastards! I hate them 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PREDATE said:

Figures.go get em!

I keep all my stuff in the truck. Thank God I went into the back room to get a spare hat this morning, inase I need a dry one. I forgot I put my boots on the boot dryer yesterday!! I would have been sooooo pissed to drive to the property, then realize I forgot my boots! (Trust me, I already did that once this year!!)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

After Puig's shot that doesn't seem terribly likely

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Peak a boo! 9-6.

41 degrees and light wind and light rain in 3N. Should be in my spot by 630am. Sunrise 721am. Gonna sit for first time ever in morning in the new that blind I saw the big doe Friday night. Maybe a buck will come thru after this storm

6 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Gearing up, estrous drag this am. First one of the year to see what happens.

35 light precip im in the lot.

I prepped the area with fresh buck and hot doe in the rain yesterday....have my 2d deke packed, should I use her?

Edited by OtiscoPaul

4L. 38 degrees. Still, but slight winds expected from the Southeast.

Awake, and milling about. Meeting a buddy at 7:15, and we’re headed to some state land for a fall turkey hunt. This will be a new experience for me. He’s an avid turkey hunter, and knocked one down in MA yesterday.

Hoping to mark down some deer sign along the way.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Got up nice and early, took a relaxing shower and headed into town for a cup of coffee. Got home and headed out to my blind only to find both chairs I left out here are completely soaked. Guess I need to get some waterproof spray on this blind or get a small camo tarp over it.

Good thing I’m close to the house as I ran back and grabbed a dry chair. Got the buddy heater on to try and dry out the inside here a bit. Rut-cation has officially begun! Come on Mr. 11 pointer!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Francesco B
      Hello everyone I’m currently looking at a house in deposit ny I’ve been deer hunting for many year mainly in Columbia and Greene county never been to Broome county. Before anything I was just curious how is the hunting there ? I know there aren’t any antlered restrictions in Broome but are there monsters out there or is it mainly just small spike? If anyone from that county or knows about deposit and broome county would get back to me i would appreciate it. Hope everyone hunting today catch a big one thanks.
    • By Ainsley Ash
      The procedure below to carry the bow is detailed below:
      You have to use a cotton towel or something similar. You have to wrap it around the bowstring. Doing so ensures that it will not cause an injury with the bowstring coming in contact with your body. It will not be that sharp either. Once you cover the bowstring with the towel, you have to wear it like a sling. So that it will not fall away from your body. The best way to cover the bowstring is to use a large enough towel. You can wrap it around twice as well. When making a sling out of the cotton towel, you have to ensure that you tighten it to get a snug fit. In that case, it will not slip away. Consequently, it will remain in place. When using this technique to carry a bow on your back, it is essential to practice before going in the wilderness. Only when you can move briskly and without noise using the scanning mechanism should you go ahead with it. To remove the bow, you have to hold it at the bottom. After that, you have to slip it over your head as well as arm. Doing so ensures that you can remove it quickly. When trying to focus on a prey, you need to remove the bow quickly. The technique for removal that we have highlighted above can certainly help you do so.
    • By JDN2K
      Just want to relay an experience I had this weekend regarding hunting regulations and other hunters.
      I've had several  hunter's tell me last weekend(10/12/2020) that muzzleloader was open, it is not. I also had two other hunters last weekend confront me as to why my son was carrying around a rifle and hunting deer. I calmly explained the youth weekend and the rules around it. After that everything was cool and we continued our hunt.
      I know at the end of the day we're all trying to participate in a sport we love and maybe harvest some game. My thought is to just make sure you're up on your local hunting regulations. Not just so you are within the rules, but also so you can assert your right to be where you are, hunting the way you're hunting.
      I know when I have been operating outside of the regulations I have appreciated a person respectfully correcting my ignorance and I try to pay it forward by being informed and respectfully educating when required.
      Thanks for listening, off my SB...
    • By Alfredo
      Hello,
      I am in the process of purchasing my first rifle to go hunting deer for the first time.  However, I have received contradicting information regarding the types of rifles that are legal.  Based on what I have read, it appears that I am able to use a bolt-action rifle with a pistol grip and a detachable magazine which holds 10 rounds.  However, I have been told that this is not the case. I can't seem to find where this is stated.  Can any one here provide me with some insight into this? I'd really appreciate it.
      Thanks in Advanced,
      Alfredo
    • By RJ_Outdoor_Experience
      Newest Hunting Podcast called The Young American Hunter has now published its first episode. Lead by Ryan & Jake- the moderators of @rj_outdoor_exeprience on Instagram. Both Ryan and Jake are avid outdoorsmen and have been around hunting their entire lives. Learning from the young and the old, Ryan and Jake bring their experiences straight to you. On the first episode of The Young American Hunter podcast, Jake provides a brief introduction and explains the purpose of the show. Ryan will be joining in on future episodes. To listen to the episode, copy and paste the link below into your web browser. Here is the bio for Jake's introduction:

"Thank you for joining us for our FIRST ever hunting podcast here on the Young American Hunter podcast. As you may have already heard, this podcast is gauged towards the new hunters trying to get out in the woods. The Young American Hunter podcast is here to entertain the hunting population, educate upcoming hunters, provide product reviews and discuss some of the newest Wildlife Management Laws. This episode is broadcasted by Jake (Big Haas). Ryan (Rooster) will be joining us in the following episodes. As time goes on and the more episodes that are being published, we promise you it will be more entertaining. This episode is just an introduction... We cant wait to bring more to you! Follow our virtual journal on Instagram (@rj_outoor_experience) and engage in some of the feeds we post! We look forward to hearing from you and enjoy the show! Thank you for joining us for our FIRST ever hunting podcast here on the Young American Hunter podcast. As you may have already heard, this podcast is gauged towards the new hunters trying to get out in the woods. The Young American Hunter podcast is here to entertain the hunting population, educate upcoming hunters, provide product reviews and discuss some of the newest Wildlife Management Laws. This episode is broadcasted by Jake (Big Haas). Ryan (Rooster) will be joining us in the following episodes. As time goes on and the more episodes that are being published, we promise you it will be more entertaining. This episode is just an introduction... We cant wait to bring more to you! Follow our virtual journal on Instagram (@rj_outoor_experience) and engage in some of the feeds we post! We look forward to hearing from you and enjoy the show!"
      "FYI... Future podcasts will be longer! this was a basic overview of Jakes's hunting background. We hope you enjoyed it... God Bless America"

Link:  https://anchor.fm/youngamericanhunter
      FOLLOW: @rj_outdoor_experience on Instagram